Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

VW-1 Grouping with a History!

Article about: This is the most amazing grouping I have ever owned ! And the history behind it is even more amazing ..On April 15, 1969 North Korea shot down a US Navy EC-121 killing all 31 crew members .T

Default VW-1 Grouping with a History!

This is the most amazing grouping I have ever owned ! And the history behind it is even more amazing ..On April 15, 1969 North Korea shot down a US Navy EC-121 killing all 31 crew members .This grouping belonged to LaVerne A. Greianer AEC who was abord the aircraft when it went down these items where given to his family . I got his all his awards His flight jacket his uniforms and many patchs and photos ..This is just a small part .I will post more after the holidays (off to Kansas today!) best part ...it was FREE!! here is a link to the story KoreaVW-1 Grouping with a History!VW-1 Grouping with a History!

?

Very cool grouping

here are scans of the Telegrams that I got with the grouping VW-1 Grouping with a History!VW-1 Grouping with a History!

A couple of photos ..one of LaVerne (the jacket he is wearing was also givein to me by his family)and one of him and his prized 1956 Ford and one of the plane he was shot down in VW-1 Grouping with a History!

VW-1 Grouping with a History!VW-1 Grouping with a History!

Very nice, yet tragic personal group. The plane in it's civilian
    guise is a Constellation.........
    Regards,

Steve.

its the Navy version of the Connie its a EC-121 "Early Warning" / Recon plane