Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Weekend Finds 2016

Article about: First of my weekend finds this year, a big farm sale, a real mixed bag of items, the stone jars with a red WD arrow, contain "Kephos" (applied to bear metal, before painting appare

A normal assortment of finds from a couple of weeks ago, at the stalls of a large Steam Fair, most unusual though is the Japanese artillery sight and mount, and a MG34/42 ammo can.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weekend Finds 2016   Weekend Finds 2016  

Weekend Finds 2016   Weekend Finds 2016  

?

Nice pile. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

This weekends items, from a farm jumble and a autojumble/collectors sale, WW1 German MG08 ammo box (seller claimed it was for storing bus conductors ticket machines, it was full of 1950's tools and he wanted to sell the lot complete, but we managed to come to an agreement for £8.00 and he kept the tools). Others items were a 1941 Air Ministry chisel set, 1914 French ball grenade, 1944 US Aladdin stove, and a good SRD jar with it's wire handle.
    Regards
    Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weekend Finds 2016   Weekend Finds 2016  

Not much today, but an interesting box, I think to a Polish Lieutenant, I'm guessing pre WW2, came from a house clearance no other details unfortunately. The last picture shows the top after a gentle wipe with a wet cloth. The helmet is a British para version.
    Regards Gary

Weekend Finds 2016  

?

Nice stuff! Rich A. in Pa.

The box is of WWII origin. The owner was lieutenant Tadeusz Gryglaszewski serving under the Polish Armed Forces command (on the West - UK, France, Mediterranean area). Boxes like this were supposed to contain officers personal belongings and were especially useful after releasing from the army. Internet sources provide some info relating to Lt T.Gryglaszewski. One says that Lt Gryglaszewski was commander of the 2nd platoon in 3rd company of the 2nd "Karpaty" Border Protection Corps regiment in September 1939. Other provides info that Tadeusz Gryglaszewski stood in England after war. No wartime (1940-45) record is available in the internet, however if you are curious of his detachment and service you can contract Sikorski's Institute in London (PISM Home Page).

Saturday morning vintage farm sale, found the following, a British made ARP training aid of a German B1 incendiary bomb, a British lamp which appears to be for an infrared device ? (marked L-WD-HT-R), another pair of the unusual crimping pliers (AM marked), 4x "No23 Keys" for "Plugs and DA Fuzes", an Air Ministry marked butchers knife and a selection of the normal finds.
    Regards
    Gary

Weekend Finds 2016  

?

Nice pile. Rich A. in Pa.

Here are the last items to be picked up in 2016, a box of items found by a friend, a swop for some motoring related hand tools and the box was mine, the contents range from WW1, WW2 and Gulf War. The rifle scope is a Russian PU type, I wondered whether it might has been bought back from the Gulf War, along with the tankers helmet and gas mask. The M33 Italian helmet has seen some use, with various coats of paint visible. Most interesting though is the German pioneer axe and M17 helmet.
    Regards Gary

Weekend Finds 2016   Weekend Finds 2016  

Weekend Finds 2016  

?

Nice pile! Rich A. in Pa.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast