Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Weekend Finds 2017

Article about: To kick off the year, the following arrived here, from my good friend John in Normandy, all items were picked up locally to where he lives, German, British and American, the large box covere

Saturday morning farm sale, pouring with rain, but luckily these farmer types aren't put off by a little rain. Interesting items were a goose neck flare (right of picture), stereoscope bar parallax (item in box, used for viewing aerial photos), a small lamp on a rough steel bracket, which I think is something to do with aircraft, and a nice piece of trench art for "Aveluy Wood 1914-1919", which was fought over during the battle of the Somme, seller took my details as he has some more in one of his sheds !
    Also just had a call from my friend in Normandy, telling me to expect a visit from him this Thursday
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weekend Finds 2017  

MAP
    ?

Nice bunch of items. LOVE the trench art piece.

Are those finger saws?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, the saws are WW2 British engineers hand saws, which use handles like this when assembled, I also have earlier WW1 dated versions as well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weekend Finds 2017  

?

Nice. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Delivery today from the barns of Normandy, usual 2cm boxes, a M1 Anti Tank Mine box, a pair of British motorcycle pannier bags, M1 Garand bayonet, the end of a 200lt fuel drum (it will make a good wall hanger), a British armoured car first aid box, 2x large shell cases which are British 3.7" anti aircraft, one of the 2cm boxes has some interesting shrapnel damage. If only these things could talk !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weekend Finds 2017   Weekend Finds 2017  

Weekend Finds 2017  

?

Nice pile. Rich A. in Pa.

No sales this weekend, I spent 3x days in Wallingford Town Hall (UK), for a display/exhibition on the town war memorial. Today Sunday, a family friend walked in for me, with what I thought was a sleeveless leather jerkin, but turned out to have sleeves on it. I presumed the sleeves were later additions, but on closer examination they appear to be period, not only is there faint camouflage markings to the body but also on the sleeves. No label is visable but you can see where one has been removed.
    First a few photos of the display and some of the remembrance service and RAF flypast there this morning.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weekend Finds 2017   Weekend Finds 2017  

Weekend Finds 2017   Weekend Finds 2017  

Having had a quick look on the web, I have found a photo of a WW2 Canadian film corespondent wearing the same type of jerkin, with the following photo description of the man in the photo.
    Lieutenant H. Gordon Aikman of the CFPU, Vught, The Netherlands, February 1945. He is wearing early Battle Dress (BD) Serge with a leather jacket of unknown origin (I suspect Air Force or civilian?) and is wearing a Holster, webbing, No.2, Mk.2 for a Browning pistol.
    The camera flash has bleached out the camo pattern some what.

Weekend Finds 2017  

We're getting towards the end of the carboot season and this morning, although dry, was cold and made colder by a northerly wind. Even so sellers turned out and the following great items were picked up, WD marked medical kit (unsure of it's age ?), trench art letter opener (marked Steenstraat/Passeur), also from the same seller/house clearance was a "housewife" with the number "18321074" inside it and 2x CC41 home front utility blankets, these also came from the same clearance.

?

Nice finds. Rich A. in Pa.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast