Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What is it?

Article about: Hello everyone, My friend bought this object from a flea market and gave it to me. He said the seller says its some sort of bullet round from ww2. However upon looking at it, there is no pri

?

Default What is it?

Hello everyone,

My friend bought this object from a flea market and gave it to me. He said the seller says its some sort of bullet round from ww2. However upon looking at it, there is no primer on the bottom, and the tip does not resemble anything of any bullet i have ever seen. The markings on it read "NO 253 1/4 ASP" and "IR CO" on the body, there are some numbers i cant quite make out. Anyone know what this is?

Thanks,
    Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is it?   What is it?  

What is it?   What is it?  

What is it?  

?

It looks like a 20mm projectile,the primer would be in the cartridge case,which you don`t have...Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Very interesting, thank you for the quick response

Michael

?

Here`s a pic of a 20mm Hispano round,if you google 20mm cannon cartridges you will find lots more of different kinds...Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is it?  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

The tip on yours may screw off. Here is my example which my Uncle brought back from WWII - US Navy. I believe from a 20mm AA gun on one of the ships he was on during the war.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is it?   What is it?  

What is it?  

?

The tip may screw off,this is normally the fuse,the yellow colour of yours denotes a high explosive filling,hopefully yours has been de-activated,but people have been known to sell live ammo...Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Yes, the seller did mention that it may be live, so i might not try to screw it off... and were navy ships the only place that they were used?