Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

What Camo is this?

Article about: HI everyone. Picked this jacket up today at a local bootsale. Good quality, appears to be well made. I'm trying to research which country this comes from if any of you can help as ive hit a

Default What Camo is this?

HI everyone.

Picked this jacket up today at a local bootsale. Good quality, appears to be well made. I'm trying to research which country this comes from if any of you can help as ive hit a block and dont know where to look. Only markings i can find inside say "160" and the zipper is marked OPTI. The left arm has a pen holder and velcro patch but i'm not sure if this has been added at a later date. Part of me says East German, but i'm just not sure. Its pretty long, Im 6ft and comes down to above my knees. Some Plastic buttons the front and metal pebble buttons to the hood. Also has two D shaped metal rings on the back and loops.

Any advice would be great. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What Camo is this?   What Camo is this?  

What Camo is this?   What Camo is this?  

What Camo is this?  

Default Re: What Camo is this?

West German BGS (Bundesgrenzschutz)!....

BGS Sumpfmuster. Thanks!

There were 3 patterns and i think yours is the third!..
    kamouflage.net — BGS-Sumpfmuster, third design

Super! Thanks, not a bad purchase. Thanks for all the info!

Vicky, a nice original BGS Parka, not jacket ! worn through through early 1960's to the mid 1970's....it is missing its arm pocket flap which had the BGS rocker and Eagle badge attached, these can be sourced on e-bay...the upside down "D" rings are for the attachment of a mess tin and waterbottle...there should be a makers label inside the inside pocket, that should date the parka. I show the missing rocker/Eagle badges......that were sewn to the missing flap.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What Camo is this?  

Fab, im right in thinking west German Border guards? Just that we have recently ordered an East German Border Guard Uniform so thought they may make a nice display together?

CBH
    ?

It's a great coat , I have two . They have button in fleece liners , which make them great fall winter coats . When made surplus they were either cut down the back , and or the pen pocket flap cut or removed . Still a great item , and getting harder to find .

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Fab, im right in thinking west German Border guards?
    Correct Vicky......see here for more information Bundesgrenzschutz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Prost ! Steve.