Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

what have i found now

Article about: by Tinhat All I can find out so far is that the larger one, the numbers are 1948-1367 (Islamic year), and the smaller 1947-1366. I though that would help narrow it down but no luck so far. I

Default what have i found now

today i was visiting a friend who is in scrap silver and gold buy and sell and he sold me this medals for scrap value as they are pure silver but he or i dont know what they are and what for, but as long as i dont have to pay more then scrap value i thougt i dont loose on that one and maybe have an intresting item and now i would love to know what i have and what for they are and the country would be nice to or what is writen on them and so on, so if someone can help me then please let me know more about this 2 medals
    many thanks in advance for any oppinion
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture what have i found now   what have i found now  

what have i found now   what have i found now  

what have i found now   what have i found now  

what have i found now  

Default Re: what have i found now

Could they be coins?

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

AS a guess I say the smaller one is a commemorative coin for the Aswan dam in Egypt....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    Could they be coins?

Eric
    not really they are quiet big and coins look always a bit different, i was thinking it can be some airforce or something as the bird on the one thing

Quote by zwerge View Post
    AS a guess I say the smaller one is a commemorative coin for the Aswan dam in Egypt....Pete.
    looks like the building
    thanks

?

They dont look like medals so i would go with coins as well, worth as much as the silver content provided its good silver

Quote by davejb View Post
    They dont look like medals so i would go with coins as well, worth as much as the silver content provided its good silver
    what a shame, and i thought they where medals, but ok back they go and sure get melted or what ever then i dont wanna start collecting coins as well, but thanks to all who where helping to find that out so far

?

Before melting down why not try and find the history behind them, they were minted for a reason, whether it be for money or commemoration, they will have a past

Quote by davejb View Post
    Before melting down why not try and find the history behind them, they were minted for a reason, whether it be for money or commemoration, they will have a past
    sure they have but how when i cand read what is on them and without that it is not possible to find that out for me

?

All I can find out so far is that the larger one, the numbers are 1948-1367 (Islamic year), and the smaller 1947-1366. I though that would help narrow it down but no luck so far. I think it rules out being the Asawn dam though.
    I certainly wouldn't melt them down until you find out what they are, I'll see if i can find somebody at work Monday that can read Arabic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast