Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Whats your best find inside a find?

Article about: Having recently bought a rucksac for the Para helmet which was inside, I was very pleased with the grenade, holster, etc which also came with it (see thread http://warrelics.eu/forum/equipme

A dinner menu dated 1946 inside an ike jacket.

A couple of things come to mind. Years ago, I found a rolled up wad of Japanese Philipine occupation currency inside the liner of a Japanese helmet. I also found two ticket stubs inside the pocket of an 8th Airforce pilot's tunic for a Christmas concert in Milwaukee in December, 1945.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Its the little things like that, Bob that put the bigger items in a greater perspective for me. Real life, not just trophies.

- - ------- - -

Quote by SteveR View Post
    A patriotic German lady giving her most for the war effort.
    but what part of her body was it from haha

Found a peice of trench art in a load of old coins my nanna gave me. I found out that the trenchart happened to be a peice of a japanese zero shot down over Burma . I tracked down the Veteren and gave it back to him. The story and lots of photos here too..

A day i will never forget
    https://marcrussoamazingadventures.w...back-to-owner/

?

At a large indoor flea market I bought a US canteen and cover for $5.00, the cover was missing the hook on the back and the canteen appeared to be painted a faded yellow color. When I took the canteen out of the cover I found a 1943 dated Ethocel canteen, an experimental plastic canteen. A trial was run in which few of these were made and even fewer survived the war making these somewhat rare and desirable to collectors. Last time I found one for sale online the asking price was in the $200 plus neighborhood. Whats your best find inside a find?Whats your best find inside a find?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5