Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

WW2 German military found in Oregon USA

Article about: Finding a living WW2 veteran and being able to talk to him in person and hear his stories is something many of us look for and rarely find these days. The only thing better then doing this i

Default WW2 German military found in Oregon USA

Finding a living WW2 veteran and being able to talk to him in person and hear his stories is something many of us look for and rarely find these days. The only thing better then doing this is having the WW2 veteran tell you he has a bunch of items he took off of German POWs. Better then that is when the same veteran says he doesn't want them any more and will sell them to you. It was a good day.

I recently talked to a WW2 Veteran here in Oregon. His first words were, I arrived at the beach on D-day +4. I was hooked. After talking to him, he showed me the military items that he took off German POW soldiers. Some pretty cool pieces. I was hoping for an SS helmet but these will do. The veteran was a medic and was able to help many soldiers that day. Many of them, he said, were German wounded. He said there were heaps of uniforms and gear for the taking but figured he had miles to go before this war was over.

As a collector, I was hoping to keep these but since I have been downsizing the collection, I don't think I will. To me, it is the hunt for the history and stories that keeps me going and not the items themselves. At least not any more. My question for you is, are all these good or did he, over the years, accidently mix in bad ones with the ones he took off the POWs? Thanks for any help or comments.

FG
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German military found in Oregon USA   WW2 German military found in Oregon USA  

WW2 German military found in Oregon USA   WW2 German military found in Oregon USA  

WW2 German military found in Oregon USA   WW2 German military found in Oregon USA  

We'll I can say some of these items are clearly reproduction .

Wait for other members to say more

Quote by Australia View Post
    We'll I can say some of these items are clearly reproduction .

Wait for other members to say more
    I am curious to know which ones?
    It is difficult to tell many of these from these photos.
    Please start a thread for each of them in the appropriate forums. Clear photos of the front and back are a must for most of these. I believe most, if not all of these items are good at first glance. I don't klnow much about the cloth items.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Being close up, I am looking at age and wear. The pictures may not show that. I would be curious to know what ones someone thinks fake as well. The only ones that look off seem to be two of the Infantry Assault Badges. Everything else looks good. Perhaps I've overlooked something. Thanks for the comments.

FG

Kuban shields look like they were made yesterday.

As the other have said , Closeups needed of all items.

Quote by Australia View Post
    Kuban shields look like they were made yesterday.
    Not always a sign of it being a fake.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

We need better photos please!..

More photos on the way in a minute. The other items are definitely good. I took back photos of the questionable ones. The KUBAN's look great on the back side.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German military found in Oregon USA   WW2 German military found in Oregon USA  

Last edited by calledchosenserved; 02-21-2014 at 08:37 AM. Reason: adding photos

Iabs look brand new or is it just me ?

Is that fake Vinyl on the shields?

The 3 IAB's are all good. The AS in Triangle pair are very nice, an excellent looking design. The one with the missing hinge and pin is an otherwise nice example of a Dr. Franke & Co. of Ludenscheid.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast