Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

WW2 German military found in Oregon USA

Article about: Finding a living WW2 veteran and being able to talk to him in person and hear his stories is something many of us look for and rarely find these days. The only thing better then doing this i

So nice to have some provenance to the items. The story is great, and to actually be able to talk to the vet is even better. Makes them a little more than just bits of colored cloth and metal. Excellent post.

Yes indeed I bought them and yes I have an email to the veteran to ask for some of his military history. It will all be kept together but unfortunately I will be selling it. I no longer keep my military finds, unless they are WW1 US uniforms that is. Thanks again everyone.

FG

nice originals,but taken off german POWs I doubt it,more like looted from shops and homes.

The glass is always half empty with you isn't it H...?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

one has to sit back and study things Ned,so by the time I get to it my glass is always half full.---LOL

This particular guy was saving German lives as well as US and everyone elses lives. You may have had a relative saved by this man. Be thankful for the service he rendered not the handful of items he took home. I hope this guys (harryamb2's) attitude is not the norm for this forum. The US may not be there next time to take some souvenirs.

?

Quote by calledchosenserved View Post
    This particular guy was saving German lives as well as US and everyone elses lives. You may have had a relative saved by this man. Be thankful for the service he rendered not the handful of items he took home. I hope this guys (harryamb2's) attitude is not the norm for this forum. The US may not be there next time to take some souvenirs.
    Sounds like there is an interesting story behind these items. 'Saving German lives' - how so? Please do tell.

?

Quote by calledchosenserved View Post
    No attitude; that was very common at the time, and it is in fact the source of a lot of the militaria in the US and other allied countries today. Why else would there be so many unused military patches and badges in the hands of veterans? It doesn't make them bad people.

Some prefer to use the term "liberated" if they'd like to be polite.

In my opinion, all of the items are period original.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I agree with Bob. I can see nothing amiss in the lot. It is a Very nice grouping with some not so inconsiderable value as well.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast