Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The 1£ 49 p german helmet has its uses???

Article about: by mauser98k Pictures speak a thousand words. Martin I agree Martin. Poor old LV does take a bit of a bashing around here sometimes. LV, if you had posted a photo of your display helmet with

Default The 1£ 49 p german helmet has its uses???

Guys dont look at the last few lines of the thread ,and see if you can guess what im talking about?.Recently i put a splinter pattern helmet cover on a genuine sd luft m40,then i covered it with chicken wire to hold it in place .Looks great, but i was missing seeing the luft shell ,and decal.It came to me that burried im my store room was a long forgotten helmet i bought in England.DO YOU REMEMBER ABOUT 6 YEARS AGO THEY WHERE SELLING IN THE UK A PLASTIC GERMAN M35 AS THERE WAS SOME FOOTBALL MATCHES ON?IT HAS THE ST GEORGE CROSS ON IT/WELL I FISHED IT OUT ,AND PUT THE ZELT ,AND CHICKEN WIRE ON IT INSTEAD OF THE GENUINE LUFT HELMET.It actually looks great just like it was on a genuine german helmet.LV .ps sorry for shouting!

?

Default Re: The 1£ 49 p german helmet has its uses???

I've moved this thread as it has no place in the Steel helmets section as it is about a plastic toy helmet.

Why are you shouting ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I was hoping for some photographs. And please keep the shouting down, I have people asleep around here.

Is it me, or is this post irrelevant? Move to strike it unless someone can give good reason not to, as it is of little or no credit to this forum.

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Not just you Ned i agree and i am hoping that LV will come back with an explanation as to what this thread has been posted for ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

I think LV is telling us that he has an original SD luft helmet that he put a cover onto. He then was missing seeing the helmet on display and remembered he had a plastic helmet bought in the U.K (sounds like when the World Cup was on in Germany a few years ago). So he has put the cover onto the plastic helmet and it looks like the real thing - therefore he has managed to display his SD helmet and his helmet cover by using the plastic lid. Hopefully we can see some pictures of it soon.
    Here is a pic of the helmet he could be referring to. I guess it would work to display a helmet cover.........?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

LV's threads are always confusing...

?

Adrian in understand what he has done but i don't get what place a plastic helmet display has on a serious discussion forum !!!

1st July 1916

?

LV was just trying to convey an unlikley alternative, that he also found comical, to diplaying an authentic (?) helmet cover. This is in lieu of dolling out cash on a relic or fake helmet to display it.

The post probably would have worked better had he included a photo. Would this also make more sense in the Field Equipment and Accessories section?

Personally, I think it's a good idea...

i agree i dont think the plastic toy lid is the actual point its the fact he can dispaly his original (hopefull) cover whilst still showing his other lid without the expense of another lid underneath it i mean after all ppl use mannequins to display uniforms should we now say its not right it needs to be a german soldier wearing it standing still in his collectors room!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast