Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

The 1£ 49 p german helmet has its uses???

Article about: by mauser98k Pictures speak a thousand words. Martin I agree Martin. Poor old LV does take a bit of a bashing around here sometimes. LV, if you had posted a photo of your display helmet with

?

Default Re: The 1£ 49 p german helmet has its uses???

Gentlemen it's about credibilty here a discussion about using white plastic German helmets to display doesn't belong in the Steel helmets section , if you want to display whatever using whatever that's up to the individual but lets think about where we post these things ,

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I do agree with you, Paul. This would be more relevant in the Field Gear and Accessories or even the Collections Display sections, depending upon the focus of the thread; the helmet cover itself or the manner in which it is displayed.

However, there's no need to call the thread irrelevant or blast the OP for making that error. As an example, there is currently a thread in the Steel Helmet's section discussing a cursed Fallschirmjaeger helmet. I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus, but in all reality that thread is not relevant to the authenticity, construction, history or use of the helmet, but merely an anecdote one member is sharing about a cursed helmet. No one has blasted this person, called their thread irrelevant or suggested the thread be moved as it would probably make more sense in the Discussions section. On a personal note, I enjoyed that thread as well.

I won’t post any further, and am not trying to make a big deal out of this, but I don’t think there should be a double standard and forum members shouldn't be made to feel as though their posts are unwelcome due to a simple error. We all make mistakes or aren't always clear with our intentions sometimes!

?

No one is being made unwelcome and double standards are certainly not being employed !!!

One of the jobs of the moderating staff is to ensure the credibilty of the forum amongst collectors and members , all i have done here is moderated the thread by moving it to another area , it's relevance without photos etc i do question but that is my personal opninion !! I have left the thread open for others to discuss as they see fit.

The other thread you mention i have not seen until now !!

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I think Panzerjaeger44 has hit the nail squarely on the head.

Let's consider the plastic helmet as a display dummy, unless we happen to have a spare German soldier available.

P.

Quote by Farradin View Post
    LV's threads are always confusing...
    Hehe. Glad it's not just me...

Quote by Paul E View Post
    No one is being made unwelcome and double standards are certainly not being employed !!!

One of the jobs of the moderating staff is to ensure the credibilty of the forum amongst collectors and members , all i have done here is moderated the thread by moving it to another area , it's relevance without photos etc i do question but that is my personal opninion !! I have left the thread open for others to discuss as they see fit.

The other thread you mention i have not seen until now !!

regards

Paul
    Paul, (And Ned, Profound as ever) I am totally in agreement with you both.
    It does nothing for the credibility of this forum to talk about plastic helmets.And toy ones at that! Call me a prude, and a killjoy (been called worse) but my interest just diminishes when topics are not mature. And I don't care what responses I get from agitated members. It's place is in the discussion forum, or the playground

I see some of you completely missed the point.Others got it first time.Im really saying rather than display a good german helmet with a cover .If you want to cover a helmet its better using a repro or in my case this plastic helmet.It allows you to enjoy both worlds seeing the cover in an m35 shape with out using a good helmet.With respect Paul e you missed the point, and its in fact a good display tip in my opinion,and deserves to be in the helmet section ,but your the boss,lv

Sorry old son. I can't take you serious anymore

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    Hehe. Glad it's not just me...
    Same here, but I'll just leave it at that before the insults start flying around in another one of those rare cases on this website. I think LV's intentions was to suggest the use of a cheap alternative to using a genuine or replica helmet, but I think it could have been a lot better worded and even uploading some pictures to give people an idea of how it will look would have probably been a good idea as you have to remember the people here love seeing pictures no matter what it is Even if its something I've seen many times before I always like to see someones personal items, writing a list of what you have is all very well and good but nothing can beat some good pictures

Thanks

Danny

Pictures speak a thousand words.

Martin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast