Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

100 years ago

Article about: 100 years ago, at 2340 hrs. ship's time on 14 April 1912, RMS Titanic collided with an iceberg, sinking at 0220 hrs. on 15 April. Let us pause for a moment to think of the tragedy of the mor

Default 100 years ago

100 years ago, at 2340 hrs. ship's time on 14 April 1912, RMS Titanic collided with an iceberg, sinking at 0220 hrs. on 15 April.

Let us pause for a moment to think of the tragedy of the more than 1,500 lives that ended on that day, but also of the examples of heroism and selflessness set by many of her crewmembers and passengers.

RMS_Titanic.jpg

?

Default Re: 100 years ago

Amen. One of those events that could've so easily been avoided which turned a disaster into a tragedy.
    Southampton is my home town and the Titanic story always struck a chord with me. I always remember as a boy walking past the Titanic memorials, especially the one to the Engineering crew members who lost their lives. I used to look up at it and see the huge bronze angel looking down at me and see the relief images of the crew as they tried to save the ship.
    It always left me with a strange feeling.
    I hadn't been past it for many years until this Saturday just gone. I took my daughter there to pay our respects.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Very sad. I wish I lived closer to the Titanic museum in Belfast. I heard its meant to be very interesting.

And tomorow is Bram Stokers death. The man who wrote Dracula.

Cheers, Pat

RIP to all those lost soles of the Titanic.

A disaster that haunts us all

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem