MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1000 posts!!

Article about: Just realized I made 1000 post!! I am out for a drink , now , back with you guys in a few hours!! Cheers

Default Re: 1000 posts!!

Congrats Stuka! You'll hit 2000 before you know it!!

Rob

Well done Stuka , awesome cheers Raymond

I hope u didn't write all 1000 in a row... keep up the good work mate!

Hi Steven

Quote by IMPERIAL QUEST View Post
    I just left a forum where I was a Moderator with 3586 posts...now I gotta start all over again.
    To bad you left WAF, I never realised you were a mod there. I always found your contributions helpfull. Perhaps you could reconsider, it's yust a message board - not real life...

Greetz

Nick VR

Quote by Nick VR View Post
    Hi Steven

To bad you left WAF, I never realised you were a mod there. I always found your contributions helpfull. Perhaps you could reconsider, it's yust a message board - not real life...

Greetz

Nick VR
    Hi Nick,

Thank you for your words. Actually it was the USMF where I was a Mod (almost spooky that I had the same number of posts at each forum). Very true about it being just a message board, but sometimes the countless hours of volunteer behind scenes hard work tends to be under appreciated by "management", among other things. I use forums as an escape from reality, but when my escape becomes a part of life's frustrations, well... you know. Overall, the USMF was and is a good forum, maybe later on in the future I'll visit again...you never know.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Hi Steven

I know what you mean, most people don't realise that being a mod actually means doing a job for free - it's really more then yust a fancy title. Luckily I really like this sort of thing. I remember a time when I started collecting (2004), 'older' collectors mostly didn't like to share their knowledge with me when I asked them for it. A thread on WAF about a Joris van Severen badge comes to my mind. Were IMO I got some punches under the belt:

Quote by willysproject View Post
    Please accept some of these people's 20+ years experience as a proof...
    Quote by willysproject View Post
    I won't comment on that statement... :bigbaby:

Just a small question...

Which of the following are real?
    a. 'Sinterklaas', because your mother tells you.
    b. 'De Paasklokken', because you get chocolates every year.
    c. 'De Kerstman', because else there wouldn't be Christmas every year.

Choose an answer to the above question, but I'll tell you none is real...
    Quote by MarkChrisFrank View Post
    if you seriously collect Flemish collaboration material and do your research, then you (should) know that Luc knows what he is talking about.
    If he says fake, then thats what it is.
    Dont cry about it, just carry on
    Sorry to dig this old post up but couldnt resist.
    I yust asked why it was fake so that I could learn more about the badge, imagine how I felt after getting those answers. And that is yust one thread. As a mod I'am trying to help out as much people as I can, I like sharing what I know. Building up a decent collectors community with professional - like minded collectors is very important IMO. One of our members has a very nice quote in his signature: "Fellow collectors are not adversaries to be bested.", I really could not agree more...

Greetz

Nick VR

Quote by Nick VR View Post
    Hi Steven

I know what you mean, most people don't realise that being a mod actually means doing a job for free - it's really more then yust a fancy title. Luckily I really like this sort of thing. I remember a time when I started collecting (2004), 'older' collectors mostly didn't like to share their knowledge with me when I asked them for it. A thread on WAF about a Joris van Severen badge comes to my mind. Were IMO I got some punches under the belt:

I yust asked why it was fake so that I could learn more about the badge, imagine how I felt after getting those answers. And that is yust one thread. As a mod I'am trying to help out as much people as I can, I like sharing what I know. Building up a decent collectors community with professional - like minded collectors is very important IMO. One of our members has a very nice quote in his signature: "Fellow collectors are not adversaries to be bested.", I really could not agree more...

Greetz

Nick VR
    Wow, brutal. I must say that one reply there by a certain member doesn't suprise me at all as it is a pattern. I agree as well with that slogan in one of the member's signature here 100%. A few times something similiar happened to me, and this in part is what I was referring to in my previous post. As a mod, most other members expect professionalism and rightly so, but when the membership takes a swing at you knowing that you won't pop off at them in the open - well, that is when I have to walk away before I do say something that I will regret. What makes it really bad, is when the administration won't back you up and tells you to continuosly "overlook" it, and never addressing the trouble makers.

I would also like to say that if people would make it a rule to never type anything that they wouldn't say to someone's face, most of our disagreements would go away.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

I'm with Nick on this one. I'm glad to help & always try to explain why something's good or bad to the member. Just giving it or ,is not much of an explanation IMO. I remember how gratefull i was to folks who helped me when i started collecting & believe in passing the favour on. Stewy S

?

Quote by IMPERIAL QUEST View Post
    Congrats to you for your contributions Stuka! I just left a forum where I was a Moderator with 3586 posts...now I gotta start all over again. Seriously though, it is really about quality of the posting and not quantity.
    Every post you did over there was a quality post Steve! By the way... we miss you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2