Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1000th post thank you letter!

Article about: Hi All, I decided that for my 1000th post I would take the time to thank a few of you who truly deserve it. It has almost been a year since I joined the forum and I never thought I would sti

Default 1000th post thank you letter!

Hi All,
    I decided that for my 1000th post I would take the time to thank a few of you who truly deserve it. It has almost been a year since I joined the forum and I never thought I would still be here, I have never been a social/facebooker or forum type of person, this was the first one I joined and still the only one that I visit every day.
    As I grew older and became bored with the whole sports memorabilia collecting world I realised that I always enjoyed history, aviation, war movies, etc etc, so I decided to dive into the scary and intimidating collectible side of it and I am forever gratefull I stumbled upon WRF for all my questions and for all the help I have received.
    I know this list will be controversial and cause a major uproar amongst the ranks haha, So with no further adeu here is my WRF top ten list of nicest/most helpful members to me throughout my time with WRF....

10-Cricketchris1944- Chris has helped me with many steel helmets, and seems like a very cool guy that you would want to have a beer with, he is also the only person that friended me on here LOL

9-Paul E- Has helped me many times on many different items.

8-Ben Evans- for all his help with my buckles, I can only dream of having his knowledge.

7-Glenn66-another member who takes the time to comment and help whenever he can.

6-Eric Zentner-His Avatar has hypnotized me and made me put him here lol

5-DougB- If I was ever going to buy a SS helmet, I would only do it if Doug was standing by my side.

4-Walkwolf-He calls it like he see's it, and for that has my respect.

3-Larry C-Larry is my go to guy for anything Dagger related, which is my new money burning passion, when it comes to dagger knowledge he is the MAN! I learned alot from reading his posts, I also learned he has a very horny ex mother in law....but thats a whole other story lol

2-Adrian Stevenson-No matter what I post, or where I post it, ade always takes the time to chime in and either help me with his walking encyclopedia of endless knowledge or just to say nice item or looks great.
    and the winner is......

1- Tony Vickers aka Spandau- Tony went above and beyond with helping me collect visors, not only did he offer kind advice and comments on my purchases but he also sold me a lovely cap from his book, yes he wrote a book!! People like tony help me forget all the A-Holes I have dealt with in my life and restores my faith in humanity, so hats off to you tony, no pun intended lol.

Honestly there is no real order or list of the best, and most of the names I listed are just the ones I can remember right now lol but I figured this would be fun to do, there are countless people who have helped me here from across the pond to here in the states, all the stahlhelm guys, cloth headgear gurus, the paper document and photo freaks(you know who you are), the medals and badge guys, cloth insignia experts, the Imperial collectors, the kind folks in the HJ section and everyone I have made purchases from in the classifieds, and also big ned(not sure where to put him lol)
    I could EASILY list 100 more people that I want to thank but I believe my point has been made. I am still a newbie, but my pinhole knowledge is slowly growing larger and my collection has become well rounded with the help of you all!!! I try to help others here whenever I can and give back in any way possible since that is what its all about, helping the fellow collector to keep this passion we have for collecting and preserving history alive, Hopefully someday in this life or the next we will all gather together, have a beer, and ponder about the very first time you ever asked "IS THIS REAL OR FAKE???!!!!
    All the best to all of you!
    John
    aka Maximus71

Default Re: 1000th post thank you letter!

Congrats on the 1000 milestone.

Congrats!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

The moment of the 1000th posts, is the moment one realizes the full extent of his obsession

?

Congrats!! Welcome to the 1k club John!!
    Ryan

Very nice, John!

Also my first forum, and only one I stop at just about every day.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Congrats on your 1000th post John!
    Glad you like it here and if I can ever be of service, let me know. I may not know a lot about any one thing, but I try to know a bit about a lot of things.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

congrats on the mile stone mate! great forum is the WRF always been the best on the WWW there is another forum out there thats the best but thats for the Hitler Jugend!

agree on Ade being a walking encyclopedia lol and your views on the other members! good helpful guys!

?

Congratzz. I remember when I hit the 1000 post mark. There are some great people on this forum and it's always a pleasure logging in.

Cheers, Pat

Lol I hit the 2000 post mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast