Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

11 year old brings hand grenade to "show and tell"!

Article about: Yes it was a hard day, well the killer is locked away and thank god will die in jail. He was a real ****** up person. And for the same reason i trimmed my collection, after that i did not sh

Default Re: 11 year old brings hand grenade to "show and tell"!

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Gday William,
    This country (Australia) is a bloody nanny state ruled by minority do gooder groups.
    You can't fart in the street here mate there are so many rules and regulations,most based on bulldung.
    Cheers and all the best
    Dave
    Dave you are right,
    However we take the lead from a certain country,(which i wont name but it starts with USA)
    You probably know better than anyone what happened after Port Arthur,so anytime now that a so called life threatening object surfaces its dealt with to please the masses.
    Believe me there will be Mummies and Daddies saying "Thank God that my child wasnt killed by that terrible hand granade thingy"
    Better to be safe than sorry of course,but over reaction feeds the political and media agenda!
    Cheers Mick

?

And what's with the natty box with 'explosives' on the side? Is that going to offer the carrier any protection should the grenade turn out to be real and unstable, or is this just another excuse for our governments to show us we couldn't do without them in this dangerous world!

On a side note, I brought a WW2 incendiary bomb to scout camp when I was a wee lad. Nobody believed me when I told them what I had found on a hike on the Isle of Wight, so next time we passed the area I brought it back with me. It caused much consternation to say the least! Back then they were a little less paranoid, and we still camped in the same field as it (several hundred yards away) until the bomb squad came and collected it (some days later).

At least a potato masher looks like it may blow up.I work for the postal service in the UK and we once had our office evacuated for a "suspect package" that turned out to be a headband for a kung fu fighter!!Would'nt have been such a stupid situation if the guy was wearing it and going ape!!!!

Quote by aussie mick View Post
    Dave you are right,
    However we take the lead from a certain country,(which i wont name but it starts with USA)
    You probably know better than anyone what happened after Port Arthur,so anytime now that a so called life threatening object surfaces its dealt with to please the masses.
    Believe me there will be Mummies and Daddies saying "Thank God that my child wasnt killed by that terrible hand granade thingy"
    Better to be safe than sorry of course,but over reaction feeds the political and media agenda!
    Cheers Mick
    Don't let our liberal media fool you. America is so hotly divided right now it's unbelievable. Without getting too political, as I know that's against forum regs, this most recent election was only decided by 3 million or so votes. Basically the population of northern Virginia. The media is on big governments side, which writes the rules and twists the arms of state and local governments. It's one big circle that feeds on itself. A grenade, fake or not, comes into a school, the school authorities go into meltdown because they don't want to be blamed for any accidents, so they alert the police and fire department. The police show up rather calm and collected and work though the problem. The patrol officer knows exactly how to handle the situation until the brass shows up and it turns into debacle. The media arrives and makes a hand grenade sound like the Anola Gay is circling overhead at 30,000 feet with the bomb bay doors open. The school superintendent is informed and passes the information onto the state governor. A legislator with too much time and too few brain cells thinks up a new law that will, but won't, prevent this from ever happening again. Bomb squad clears the grenade as harmless and the kiddies go back into the school. The school arranges for therapists to be available during and after school for the children (because it IS all about THE children) to express their feeling to and get a hug, maybe even two hugs. A few children will be prescribed anxiety medication to help them return to their hostile school environment. The child who brought in the grenade is suspended, possibly expelled from school and their school record tarnished forever. And then Bob Costas gets on NBC during Sunday Night Football (the other football for our friends across the pond) and injects his own personal views on gun control. Oops, sorry, different incident. Anyway, that's basically how it works in America. Anyone disagree?

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    It certainly is a crazy world of mixed up priorities Steve that's for sure mate.
    I at times wonder what the older generations think of all this.People that experienced the Great Depression and a world in total chaos during the dark days of WW2. People like this go hungry and cold while drug f----d morons etc get a free ride,I don't get it mate.
    Cheers Steve Dave
    I'm with you Dave. - I don't get it either.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

This could have been nipped in the bud at home, but with todays economy
    both adults ( or single parents ) have to work - leaving children
    to their own whims.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

mpw
    ?

An incident that happened last year at work..... A fiend has to take a hire vehicle as his is in for a service. Whilst driving around out from under the seat rolls what looks like a bundle of explosive with battery and wires attached. Slightly alarmed but remaining calm he rings the hire company who quickly discover it was hired by an army bomb disposal instructor before him and what he has discovered is a dummy bomb used in instruction and would he mind hanging on to it for a while until the army come and recover it. No drama and just one phone call to clear it all up. Goodness knows what would have happened if my friend had called the police instead of the hire company! It would have definitely led to a huge evacuation of the area and national media coverage costing many thousands of pounds.
    Mark.

?

Quote by mpw View Post
    An incident that happened last year at work..... A fiend has to take a hire vehicle as his is in for a service. Whilst driving around out from under the seat rolls what looks like a bundle of explosive with battery and wires attached. Slightly alarmed but remaining calm he rings the hire company who quickly discover it was hired by an army bomb disposal instructor before him and what he has discovered is a dummy bomb used in instruction and would he mind hanging on to it for a while until the army come and recover it. No drama and just one phone call to clear it all up. Goodness knows what would have happened if my friend had called the police instead of the hire company! It would have definitely led to a huge evacuation of the area and national media coverage costing many thousands of pounds.
    Mark.
    Plus a demotion or court martial for the instructor, then a recommendation from the joint services committee that at no time will EOD hire out vehicles to carry dummy devices, but then a question arises, WHY DID THEY HAVE TO USE A CIVILIAN VEHICLE IN THE FIRST PLACE,reason--Military spending cuts, as for this total debacle with the grenade, what a load of tosh, a complete overkill and brought about by a moronic headmaster who didnt have the sense he was born with, ok get the kids to safety by all means but use a little common sense, even a total idiot could see that the grenade was relatively "safe" by the fact that the girl had been carting it around with her since leaving home, probably transported to school by vehicle, perhaps even given to her by her father who knew there was no danger and thought it would be of interest to her classmates and teachers, did the headmaster even contact the girls parents first to see what the situation was before calling the whole masses, then the overreaction of the police to evacuate homes nearby, if the grenade had been dangerous the safest place was to leave it in a classroom, the resulting damage would have been confined if the worst happened and a few windows would have shook in the immediate area, my windows shake more if a Chinook flys over head than a grenade going off a few hundred yards down the street, and we've had a propane cylinder blow up during a fire in a local scrap yard about a hundred yards away, and that didnt break a single window in the area

I imagine you'd get a similar reaction if you threw a couple of cats into a cage of turkeys. At least the turkeys' anxiety would be justified.

Principal Windswept needs a haircut.

Good Posts Gents and SunsetIE says it best,, over Zealous. What is going to happen now is that the boy will under go psych evaluation tests and be suspended from school and possible criminal charges might be brought against him and the parents,,,I dont know how the laws are in Australia,,but here in the US as I mentioned above,,it is a act that this will happen. A laundry list of charges also included endangerment,,terroristic threats, false alarm making the rescue organizations come to the site and on and on. Then the child will go to counseling and the parents will risk losing thier child to Family services,,otherwise known as the Gestapo. The house will be searched for weapons and computers siezed,,which also goes under the terroristic threat clause. ..............Yea its over Zealous and its the liberals doing this to their own society that makes everyone live in fear,, and cause citzens rat out on everyone else,,because they themselves are guttless..............oh but hold,, lets not attack the drug dealers and the leeches on the welfare system..that are like roaches running wild in pantry. They have rights you know! ....Oh by the way for those who are legitimately working and paying taxes,, dont quit your job because your support is needed for, the said above roaches,,to live also. They are entitled. I have heard of children suspended of having a finger nail clipper,, the type with a swing out finger nail file. Sorry for the rant
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast