Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

11 year old brings hand grenade to "show and tell"!

Article about: Yes it was a hard day, well the killer is locked away and thank god will die in jail. He was a real ****** up person. And for the same reason i trimmed my collection, after that i did not sh

Default Re: 11 year old brings hand grenade to "show and tell"!

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    How ironic, I went to a private school and my principal had a deactivated pineapple hand grenade with a wooden stand on his office desk. Corey
    Was it the kind that says: 'Take A Number'.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Unfortunately it is the era we live in, or should I say, the error we live in. Coincidentally, I came across a 1958 Boys Life magazine in an antique store today and took a few picture of some advertisements of a bygone era that I found very amusing. They seem appropriate to share here in regards to this silliness about the over reaction to the deactivated grenade.

He would probably be considered a danger today
    DSC02838.jpg

Check out the prizes for selling greeting cards (click to enlarge)
    DSC02844.jpg

The good old days.........
    Regards,

Steve.

A "pineapple" grenade would struggle to clear a normal sized room, you sometimes have to question the brain power of people who clear the entire school and the surrounding houses. Bit of poor judgement by the NWS police.

Morris

"The good old days........." indeed there were a few times when the police had to have a word with me because some street lights were shot out by an air rifle. Good old days, also the relaxed weapon laws before the horrible Port Arthur massacre.

Morris

School laws seem to be made up on whims and each facility is different from the next. It was in the paper awhile ago, I remember, that a grade school student was suspended because he had brought a GI Joe Colt action figure Colt 45 to show his friend-the school had a zero tolerance rule for guns. In another, a young girl was kicked out because she gave her girlfriend a couple of Tylenol for her headache-she was illegally dispensing meds. In some schools police have been called to intervene in children fighting and have tazered little kids(Not teenagers). It goes on and on.....wouldn't the previous generations be so proud...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Don't let our liberal media fool you. America is so hotly divided right now it's unbelievable. Without getting too political, as I know that's against forum regs, this most recent election was only decided by 3 million or so votes. Basically the population of northern Virginia. The media is on big governments side, which writes the rules and twists the arms of state and local governments. It's one big circle that feeds on itself. A grenade, fake or not, comes into a school, the school authorities go into meltdown because they don't want to be blamed for any accidents, so they alert the police and fire department. The police show up rather calm and collected and work though the problem. The patrol officer knows exactly how to handle the situation until the brass shows up and it turns into debacle. The media arrives and makes a hand grenade sound like the Anola Gay is circling overhead at 30,000 feet with the bomb bay doors open. The school superintendent is informed and passes the information onto the state governor. A legislator with too much time and too few brain cells thinks up a new law that will, but won't, prevent this from ever happening again. Bomb squad clears the grenade as harmless and the kiddies go back into the school. The school arranges for therapists to be available during and after school for the children (because it IS all about THE children) to express their feeling to and get a hug, maybe even two hugs. A few children will be prescribed anxiety medication to help them return to their hostile school environment. The child who brought in the grenade is suspended, possibly expelled from school and their school record tarnished forever. And then Bob Costas gets on NBC during Sunday Night Football (the other football for our friends across the pond) and injects his own personal views on gun control. Oops, sorry, different incident. Anyway, that's basically how it works in America. Anyone disagree?
    haha this is the best description of how our counrty works! Couldnt have said it better

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    "The good old days........." indeed there were a few times when the police had to have a word with me because some street lights were shot out by an air rifle. Good old days, also the relaxed weapon laws before the horrible Port Arthur massacre.

Morris
    And from that dreadful day onwards all firearms were labled weapons by the media and Howards Government.
    Nothing has changed to this day.
    Cheers Morris
    Dave

Air rifles, and fireworks ....... the Australian way, long past now but still the good memories remain.
    Morris

To right Morris,only good memories of harmless fun remain mate.
    I sold up during the amnesty as I could only see trouble and stereotyping of firearm owners ahead.
    It was a most sad kneejerk reaction to Port Arthur,and that comes from a Tasmanian.
    Cheers mate
    Dave

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast