Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1917 - The Movie

Article about: Ok, following on the heels of the fabulously successful "Midway - The Movie" thread , I thought we would start on safer ground with the next movie review So far it seems like it wi

MAP
    ?

Default 1917 - The Movie

Ok, following on the heels of the fabulously successful "Midway - The Movie" thread , I thought we would start on safer ground with the next movie review

So far it seems like it will be well received by the critics

REVIEW

Sam Mendes's single-take WW1 film 1917 declared an Oscar frontrunner after early screenings

TRAILER

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I'm looking forward to seeing this one although I don't care much
    what critics say one way or the other. I thought "Death Watch"
    was an entertaining ww1 movie.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

Well here is another review. Highly praised.

As Band of Brothers was unique in how it was filmed, this movie to is filmed in a different way as well. With every scene shot, containing the two actors.

‘1917’ Review: Sam Mendes’ Single-Take WWI Epic Is More Than a Gimmick | IndieWire

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks good - although i see they couldn't resist dropping a few cliche one liners in to the trailer "There's only one way this war ends", "If you fail it will be a massacre".

Looks pretty gritty in places from the trailer - i hope to see this one.

nick

?

Yes that is one I do plan on seeing. I have seen the trailers and it does look like a good one to enjoy.
    I'll wait until I see it to give my review!

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Yes that is one I do plan on seeing. I have seen the trailers and it does look like a good one to enjoy.
    I'll wait until I see it to give my review!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Your review is really the only review that I think matters! Keep us posted!

?

Well I still haven't seen Midway yet. Just saying. Semper Fi Phil.

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Well I still haven't seen Midway yet. Just saying. Semper Fi Phil.
    So ....I will then need to wait until it come out on VHS or Lazer Disk (let's see if the millennials get this joke)

?

Hi,
    I saw the movie. Great disappointment.
    Not many Germans (they are invisible, except the pilot), not much material (no machine guns, just a Lewis).
    The story could happen anywhere (Afghanistan, Vietnam, ... ). The life in the trenches is not shown, etc ...
    And ... a lot of "Denix" fake Lee Enfield's!
    Luc

Okie watched it it's ok, but this Korean film is better "The battle of Jansari" faults in it, but the hand to hand combat is scary! Koreans really know how to make a war picture I must say

YouTube

YouTube

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast