Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

1917 - The Movie

Article about: Ok, following on the heels of the fabulously successful "Midway - The Movie" thread , I thought we would start on safer ground with the next movie review So far it seems like it wi

Quote by OsiusGaming View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but I really enjoyed the movie! While I do like the more Saving Private Ryan approach many war movies these days have (constant action and fighting) I still greatly enjoy these more slower pace films. I feel like these kind of movies nicely round out the war film genre by showing that not everyday is nonstop fighting and that for the most part, you don't really see your enemy. In my opinion, if you liked the Dunkirk movie, you may enjoy this one!
    Watch "Danger Close" Aussie films aren't so fast paced like American films!

YouTube
    Last edited by reneblacky; 01-25-2020 at 11:46 AM.

I'll have to check that one out!

Quote by OsiusGaming View Post
    I'll have to check that one out!
    Do

I to really enjoyed it, like most films it has a few inaccuracies but I feel it is worth seeing on the big screen just for the sound effects, the whole audience jumped out of there skins a couple of times. I've really enjoyed all the latest war films including Midway, JoJo rabbit and this one. What I would like to see is an accurate remake of Battle of the bulge And a stand alone Pegusus bridge! Now that really would top the year off! Regards Paul

MAP
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Lazy arse!!
    Still pitching that Danger Close thing??
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I saw the movie today and i liked it.
    But speaking of cliches,this is yet another movie where the Germans are represented as the ultra evil villains...apart from that the movie is good.
    P.s. that's why i liked the Generation War tv short series,i feel like it gives a more realistic look at the situation during the war.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3