Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

1yr anniversary collection

Article about: Very nicely displayed items Green That's quite an nice array of goodies, and to get them in a year is a real feat. Brad.

?

Default Re: 1yr anniversary collection

Very nicely displayed items Green
    That's quite an nice array of goodies, and to get them in a year is a real feat.

Brad.

[QUOTE=AZPhil;746175]If you don't mind me asking what is the little leather pouch in the display with the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen and shoulder boards on the right in the upper right corner?
    Semper Fi
    Phil[/QUOTE

That grouping belonged to a RAD member. He lives in the town I work and I met him last Summer. He gave me all of his items and the pouch was his father's. It is a coin pouch he carried in WW1 and gave to the son for his time in WW2. Since, I have learned it was common to carry a coin pouch during WW1. I attempted to interview this RAD member and he gave me the cold shoulder. Fair enough, I thank him for sharing what he did.

The pic of the RAD member saluting was added by me for effect.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Great display Green Horn,, love the party badges
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3