Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

2012 SOS pics

Article about: Here are a few pics from the show. It was my first SOS and it was great and I am going back next year for sure. I did not take a ton of pics as you had to ask each dealer if it was ok all sa

Default Re: 2012 SOS pics

Hey Eric,

It was a pleasure to get to meet you this trip. I enjoyed eating dinner and enjoying a few adult beverages in the evenings with you....good company is hard to find these days!

I sure hope that you make it next year!

Ps...who had the first pattern Mutter Kreuz?

All the best,
    Chrys

I don't know my tounge was in the way of my eyes apparently.
    And thanks Chrys I also had a good time.
    Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the fellow who had the 1st pattern Mother's Cross. He wasn't far from the front of the room, and he had several standard examples. It was only as we talked about the Mother's Cross that he brought out the 1st pattern. I remember his price on it was $1850.00. He still had it when I left. Very nice gentleman.

Thanks for the info...I appreciate it. $1,850.00 really isn't that bad a price for how rare it really is. I wish I had seen it for sale! Maybe next year...

Chrys

?

I don't go to shows like that any more.
    At 65 I am getting to old for the butt kickings I get from my wife when I admit how much I spent. You know "We could have bought new furniture for what you paid for that piece of junk."
    Then the funnel in my ear in the middle of the night with the liquid laxative trying to clear up my shit for brains problem about my desire to give our money to people for 70 year old war refuse.
    I kid a lot but have gotten "THAT LOOK" many times that sends the chill down my spine. The dreaded wait for the moment we are home alone. The panic when I am cornered and I know I have no excuse for my recent purchase. "Trapped like the rat that I am."
    I miss the early years of our marrage when I could lie with a straight face and she believed me. The first year of our marriage when I told her that 6 inches was the largest human penis ever recorded and she believed it She was very innocent during that period. Then we moved back to Oklahoma around my mom, my aunts and my female cousins. BUSTED.
    After 47 years she has learned that I have, at times, bent the truth slightly. for serenity in marriage.
    Ah for the good old days.

I must brag my wife set the whole trip up for me with very short notice and knows everything I buy so I must give a big thanks to her for that.
    Steve she is a good woman for putting up with your ass for so long.......

Eric

So many wonderful items in one room! Surely there must be a certain amount of trash amongst the treasure? As always you need to know what you are looking at but is the SOS a 'safer' place to buy considering there are so many knowledgable people there? Did any of you participants notice any obvious fake items?

It was a breath of freash air for me no obvious fakes that wern't marked as repro but you know they are out there though. You have to inspect one item at at time,but over all it is a very safe place IMO.

Eric

Quote by SteveR View Post
    I don't go to shows like that any more.
    At 65 I am getting to old for the butt kickings I get from my wife when I admit how much I spent. You know "We could have bought new furniture for what you paid for that piece of junk."
    Then the funnel in my ear in the middle of the night with the liquid laxative trying to clear up my shit for brains problem about my desire to give our money to people for 70 year old war refuse.
    I kid a lot but have gotten "THAT LOOK" many times that sends the chill down my spine. The dreaded wait for the moment we are home alone. The panic when I am cornered and I know I have no excuse for my recent purchase. "Trapped like the rat that I am."
    I miss the early years of our marrage when I could lie with a straight face and she believed me. The first year of our marriage when I told her that 6 inches was the largest human penis ever recorded and she believed it She was very innocent during that period. Then we moved back to Oklahoma around my mom, my aunts and my female cousins. BUSTED.
    After 47 years she has learned that I have, at times, bent the truth slightly. for serenity in marriage.
    Ah for the good old days.
    Lol i really liked this post
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Thanks for the great photos
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast