Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

2012; what are you hoping to buy/find in 2012?

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold I am not sure of the fodder requirement for a private household, or the solid waste issues en suite? Camels and other long-legged animals are best kept in surroundings

Default Re: 2012; what are you hoping to buy/find in 2012?

My interests have changed since my initial post, as now i would like to find an Reichsfeuerwehr-ehrenzeichen (first and second class), an m34 double decal Polizei helmet, a Polizei dagger and an FSP dagger and misc. Polizei/FSP cloth/metal insignia!

I dont know how I missed this thread way back in December, but I did! I'd like to find a tree that money grows on so I can buy whatever strikes my fancy. Since we are halfway through the year, I have found some nice items to add to the collection. A few new EK's, KVK's, award documents and a few new helmets I have yet to post. I am hoping to find a few more but am slowing down right now. I'd like to finish out the year by saving some money towards an SS lid and buying a display case for it all.

Helmetone, you can buy a nice 3 shelf display case from ikea for about $70
    DETOLF Glass-door cabinet - beech effect - IKEA

I bought that last month and I'm a fan!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Appreciate the info! Both nice and functional cabinets. Hard to get 15 or so helmets in there I think I might have the Amish folk build me one. Might run me a bit, but will match my furniture.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Appreciate the info! Both nice and functional cabinets. Hard to get 15 or so helmets in there I think I might have the Amish folk build me one. Might run me a bit, but will match my furniture.
    For $70, you can't go wrong with the IKEA piece, however, It is a pain in the ass to put together and you will need two people.

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    I bought that last month and I'm a fan!
    They are indeed a headache to put together, but i managed to do it by myself, although i am 6'4 and have a long reach!

I bought one aswell!
    365364d1341132279t-my-inherited-ww2-collection-pict0103.jpg

Can't agree more with the above, they are a headache to put together, especially alone. But they are really worth it, and they are so cheap!

I am mostly hoping to get a couple of mannequins this year, nothing big in my binoculars though, maybe get the last bits of gears for my uniforms and perhaps a German Visor cap

CIMG3461.jpg
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Are those cabinets sturdy? I mean do the glass panels hold the weight of helmets and such well? I have been thinking of buying one for my helmets, but always I have been driven away by the thought that one day one of the glass panels break.

But what I want in 2012 is a Bundeswehr flecktarn flak vest. These often are available at an internet shop in Finland, but they sell out so fast. Now that I have the money I just have to wait and be ready to click the "buy" button first!

They are very sturdy, they will handle the weight of a helmet just fine
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast