Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13

2012; what are you hoping to buy/find in 2012?

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold I am not sure of the fodder requirement for a private household, or the solid waste issues en suite? Camels and other long-legged animals are best kept in surroundings

Default Re: 2012; what are you hoping to buy/find in 2012?

I like the sink in your photo CollectorWW2,, as to me its great idea,, so many times I have handled my daggers and had to go to another floor to wash my hands first. I like it Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Haha, thanks, no idea why it's there though, it used to be a bedroom as far as I know. Not really using it at the moment, but I have fiddled with the idea of hanging up a sign that says "COME ERE' AND WASH YER HANDS BEFORE TOUCHING". Would be a great way to remind guests to look, but not touch. Don't you think?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Absolutely!! No telling where peoples hands have been prior to their visit. Maybe sounds a little extreme but leave the decision up to the visitor,, you can wash and touch or no touch at all!! Daughters are different,, my rule,,"you may glance,,and thats enough! Nice collection and I like the cabinets also. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I tried printing out a "No washey = No touchy" sign, but the printer was being mean, guess I'll try again later . I always tell guests not to touch without permission, as most of the displays are carefully put together, some times it works, sometimes it doesn't. I had a friend who tried to grab a hold of a PPSH when I had my back turned, he failed at carefully taking it out and it fell to it's side and knocked things over, some items also fell to the floor(Luckily, no damage). I am not a person who gets mad easily, but at that time, I kicked his ass out very quickly.

Since this thread is about what we're hoping to buy/find in 2012, maybe we should continue this in the thread below so we don't derail it even more (Just added some new pictures you might like to see):

New War Room - You can help!
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13