Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

2019 Collecting Resolutions??

Article about: Well 2018 is behind us and now it's time to make our 2019 resolutions. I for one always start the year off with some deep meditation to come up with a "plan". Some years I follow i

MAP
    ?

Quote by Brig View Post
    Well...how did everyone do with their resolutions? I came up short, it was a slow year for me...
    I came up a bit short as well as my budget got killed from the helmets I purchased. But I'm just going to "roll over" what I missed into 2020!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Whilst I didn't document it here, last years key objective was to finish the book ("Helmets of the Home Front") and get it launched at the War and Peace Show. With days to spare that target was hit and after only 6 months it's well on it's way to being sold-out. The speed of sales and the feedback received blew us away.....and I've struck up quite a friendship with the local Post Mistress!

Seriously though, it seems to have put Brit Home Fronters on the map and drawn a number of previously unknown (to me at least) collectors out of the woodwork.

book 1 - Copy.JPG

My documented objective/resolution (to buy less helmets) was achieved tho....but they cost me more....doh!

Congratulations

MAP
    ?

Quote by Composite View Post
    Whilst I didn't document it here, last years key objective was to finish the book ("Helmets of the Home Front") and get it launched at the War and Peace Show. With days to spare that target was hit and after only 6 months it's well on it's way to being sold-out. The speed of sales and the feedback received blew us away.....and I've struck up quite a friendship with the local Post Mistress!

Seriously though, it seems to have put Brit Home Fronters on the map and drawn a number of previously unknown (to me at least) collectors out of the woodwork.

book 1 - Copy.JPG

My documented objective/resolution (to buy less helmets) was achieved tho....but they cost me more....doh!
    That's fantastic news Ade. Real happy to hear about the success of the book! Congrats!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9