Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

2020 Collection Resolutions

Article about: So a new year is upon us once again. We can toss out our failed 2019 resolutions and start afresh! So what are your goals for the year? This year....my goals are modest. 1) Get a Haub, 2) Fi

Ive sold after christmas 20 normal to bad conditioned helmets and bought 2 M35 SD LW and 1 M42 LW with green eagle in great condition
    BR
    Bavarian

?

My collection goals for 2020 are
    1. m18 transitional
    2. m42 Luftwaffe
    3. Cased EK.1
    2019 was my busiest year so far, all my TR helmets, uniforms, and badges. Plan to take it a little slower this year.

?

My goals for 2020:

1. Black SS cap with Deschler skull (already on layaway)
    2. Grey SS cap ( If I find the right one)
    3. D & S. M early Deschler skull (already on layaway)
    4. SS collar tabs, eagles, insignia to fill in the gaps
    5. Black SS cap, early type with Danziger skull (if I can afford it)

The hard part is all this waiting while I'm paying things off over time. I have passed up numerous items that I would have snatched up instantly in the past. I keep telling myself it's worth the wait. we'll see....

I may be on hiatus for the year. Over the past few months, things have been less than stellar.
    For example; in late November we lost our female pup, mid December my uncle passed away, also mid December a friend's mother passed away, late December a friend/coworker died of cancer, January 2 I got my car from the shop and they blew up the motor (I am on the hook for it, at $2000), last week my wife's grandmother passed on the day she was going to go see her and today the fuel pump went on my truck...........
    I don't want to touch anything with all the bad mojo I seem to have been having.....

But there are items I would like to get none the less!

No grand plans for me for 2020. Looking to finish my German paratrooper uniform named to a Crete and Eastern Front (KIA) veteran. A pole top to finish my NSDAP mannequin. Otherwise, taking it as it comes. Probably going to sit down and really decide on my bucket list items and formulate a plan for acquiring said items.

MAP
    ?

Quote by MD Helmets View Post
    No grand plans for me for 2020. Looking to finish my German paratrooper uniform named to a Crete and Eastern Front (KIA) veteran. A pole top to finish my NSDAP mannequin. Otherwise, taking it as it comes. Probably going to sit down and really decide on my bucket list items and formulate a plan for acquiring said items.
    Better sit down and set your bucket list set before the SOS
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP

No, I don't go to the MAX or SOS with a list. I always end up missing out on nice stuff because I'm busy looking for specifics. I know what I need but I don't limit myself to that. Shows are for browsing items you don't usually find online. I can get most of my bucket items online if I wait long enough.

MAP
    ?

MAP

No, I don't go to the MAX or SOS with a list. I always end up missing out on nice stuff because I'm busy looking for specifics. I know what I need but I don't limit myself to that. Shows are for browsing items you don't usually find online. I can get most of my bucket items online if I wait long enough.
    Good strategy. Some of my best finds are when I haven't been looking. Either way good luck at the SoS and hopefully will be able to meet you at the Max.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Lord willing I'll be at the MAX. Only an hour drive for me now but I'll miss my Pittsburgh road trip that I had gotten used to.

MAP
    ?

Lord willing I'll be at the MAX. Only an hour drive for me now but I'll miss my Pittsburgh road trip that I had gotten used to.
    I'm quite happy the Max has moved. Finally it is within reasonable driving distance for me. That said, my son got accepted to a number of colleges in PA. All of which are either near the old location or the new location.....so where I allow him to go was going to be dependent on where the Max show was! LoL

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast