Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

£250,000 for the Diaries of the Angel of Death !!

Article about: It's interesting to note that Mengele refers to himself in the 3rd person as "Andreas". This is a classic sign of a pompous and manipulative character. A person that refers to hims

?

Default £250,000 for the Diaries of the Angel of Death !!

The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Default Re: £250,000 for the Diaries of the Angel of Death !!

If genuine , I would say that would be a good purchase even though they will be grisly reading !!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

If you ask me the whole lot should be burned.Why would anyone want to read the ravings of a mass murderer

?

Interesting story and interesting comments posted under it too. I hope they go to someone who might publish them and donate the profits to Holocaust charities for example. However, my faith in humanity may be slightly optomistic.......
    Either way I don't agree they should be destroyed, they're still historical documents from a historical figure albeit an infamous one. Mein Kampf is still read today as are the biographies of many despicable people.
    Use them to educate!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

We learn from are pasts. And to burn this would be wrong as we need to know what he was thinking to understand why he did these bad and horrible things. it should be an example to everyone that There are people out there! that will do these things purely for so called research and although he was a horrible man this diary would be very intersting to read IMO. I might be just as bad as him for taking an interest in his diary but this is how i feel.......

-Patrick Lewis

?

I also think it's wrong to burn them wht happened is I'n the past is not to be forgoton but remembered and Lern from our mistakes ...

Regards
    Alex

we must learn our past for nt happen again

Burn them, yes... burn what we don't want our children to read for the future.. Sounds familar?

Call me cynical, but I think 'learning from our mistakes' is one of those things that only works in theory... though I agree 100% that burning them would be a senseless idea. If you want to burn these, then why don't we destroy all of our relics? All remnants of a regime inspired by the 'ravings of a mass murderer'. It would be interesting if some of these journals were published.

Mat

?

Being able to understand how a person can disassociate himself from common human compassion is always a subject worthy of study. To look a family in the eyes and send some to gas chambers, take the children and use them in terrible medical experiments, starve and work the rest to death.
    What is it that can take a normal human being and create this kind of horrific monster ?
    These papers must be kept and studied. There are answers to questions in these works that should be ferreted out.
    Yes they are the works of a disgusting human being. But the very last thing to do would be to destroy them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast