Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

£250,000 for the Diaries of the Angel of Death !!

Article about: It's interesting to note that Mengele refers to himself in the 3rd person as "Andreas". This is a classic sign of a pompous and manipulative character. A person that refers to hims

Default Re: £250,000 for the Diaries of the Angel of Death !!

It's interesting to note that Mengele refers to himself in the 3rd person as "Andreas". This is a classic sign of a pompous and manipulative character.

A person that refers to himself in the third person is thinking of how you perceive him. He’s looking at himself, while you’re looking at him, so that he can modify how he appears to you to get the best result he wants from you. A person that is so self absorbed and focused on himself that he actually sees the "HIM" he’s created as separate from himself so much to cease using the word "I", is too busy trying to invent himself to "BE" himself. Hence, people that refer to themselves in the 3rd person (and aren't mentally ill or challanged), should earn some of the same caution that people with shifty eyes earn. It's abnormal behaviour, and probably a lucky view into the mind of someone who got where they are by being quite manipulative.

As far as burning the books goes, that makes you as bad as the Nazi's doesn't it? Far better they are bought by, or on behalf of, a Holocaust Museum or Foundation, where careful study may elucidate the inner thoughts and workings of one of the Final Solution's prime movers and as such benefit us all as to some of the reasons behind this atrocity.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Why are You so sure these documents are valuable at all? Joseph Mengele worked in concentration camp only some years of his long life, why are You so sure these were the most important part of his whole life? World is just not black and white, "bad" and "good".

Boy looks like I am on the other side of this debate.Even so we know what he did so why should we need to be reminded.I say give them to the Israeli government and let them dispose of the documents.Worthless drivel.

Entertaining the notion of burning historical documents simply because what the author did in real life was deplorable shows an ignorant attitude towards history and the process needed to fully understand humanity's intricacies.
    Of course, we're not able to "fully" grasp everything that there is to human life and inner workings, but censoring and/or destroying historical documents to soothe one's own sensibilities is per definition willfully ignorant and downright stupid... similar things can be said about nicknaming historical "villains" such pompous things as the "angel of death", thus making these people into mythical supervillains from some kind of far away fairytale/nightmare that are not of our own realm or kind.
    First understanding and learning that these are actually human beings made out of flesh and blood like the rest of us and then proceeding to study their actions is the best way of absorbing and eventually learning from these horrible crimes, IMO.

That said, hopefully this will be published...would be interesting, but I kind of have the feeling that this will go into some filthy rich collectors hands never to be seen again (if they even sell at all).

I don't think it's a matter of being reminded or to stir up horrible memories. The idea is that with modern and future science in the study of the human
    mind needs things like this to see what makes some people so much different mentally. Was he like this his entire life or did some thing trigger this
    disregard for human life? What type of satisfaction, if any do they get out of doing these things? And so on.
    There are studies going on for all mass murderers in hopes to someday collect enough information to create profiles and perhapes be able to stop some
    before they act. JMHO

Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

So many famous(or infamous) people's journals exist out there but have not been or never will be published, it's a shame,actually, when you consider it. These are the intimate musings of abnormal mentalities and may well be the only insight we will ever be able to get into what made them be the way they are/were. The Sassen papers of Eichmann is another that comes to mind. Willem Sassen, a Dutch writer, went to Eichmann and suggested he write a complete unexpurgated and unvarnished truth of the happenings he was involved in,and, much to Sassen's surprise, Eichmann proceeded to do exactly that-even initialing each page after his proof reading. And where are they today? Never published and unavailable to virtually everyone who could derive some sort of academic benefit from them. Where are Hitler's journals that were being stepped on and used as a step stool in the muddy basement in Germany that vanished when they were looked for? One can hardly imagine what must have been written in them. What knowledge-however arcane or distasteful it might be-must these people have had that is, virtually, lost forever? Reading such things does not condone or mean necessarily that you agree with it. But how can you ever expect to deal with things when you aren't ever given the opportunity to understand it? Okey...I'll shut up now...lol Just a thought or 2,anyway! William
    Last edited by Wagriff; 07-20-2011 at 10:59 PM.

Quote by Rudolf Karl View Post
    I don't think it's a matter of being reminded or to stir up horrible memories. The idea is that with modern and future science in the study of the human
    mind needs things like this to see what makes some people so much different mentally. Was he like this his entire life or did some thing trigger this
    disregard for human life? What type of satisfaction, if any do they get out of doing these things? And so on.
    There are studies going on for all mass murderers in hopes to someday collect enough information to create profiles and perhapes be able to stop some
    before they act. JMHO

Rudy
    Its very much like the documents detailing the hideous atrocities commited by the Japanese during WW2. Some of the documents reffered to incidents of cannibalism, live vivisection and mutilation, the use of Allied prisoners and others for live bayonet practice, beheading with swords, the rape and mutilation of women etc, etc. The series of documents on this horrific subject was then turned into the book "The Knights of Bushido" a short history of Japanese war crimes in WW2. The author was Lord Russel of Liverpool who pondered at first as to whether such a book would be in the public interests-but he decided that such information should be made public so as to reaffirm that any nation commiting such acts should be made to face the reality and be held accountable for their actions. Some members may have a copy of this book and Lord Russel did state there were some articles he wanted to include that were just so disgusting and horrific that he just felt he could not include them. Then the book "The Rape of Nanking" came out and included first time publication of photos confiscated from Japanese prisoners showing native women bound to chairs with their legs stretched apart so as they could be raped at will-the awfull thing with these photos was seeing Japanese soldiers kneeling either side of the helpless women smiling and doing thumbs up signs. Another photo showed a Japanese soldier inserting his bayonet into the vagina of one of the women. It was probably one of the most awfull things ever printed in a military publication but again the author defended his book by stating "if these things were never shown then the Japs could allways deny they ever happened and i wanted to explore the mentality behind these actions which clearly went beyond the warrior codes of Bushido and into that of pure wanton sadism and brutality". Mengele was one such individual who deserved execution for his crimes-some equally hideous especially those experiments carried out on twins which included live vivisection of their bodies. It would be interesting study for maybe criminal psychologists etc and should therefore be available in the public domain for research. Its just a sham MOSAD didnt get the chance to nail the man-but there we are. Interesting thread all the same which is bound to provoke strong emotions from all sides but some very good comments from the members. Best Regards, Tim.

Anyway, why You are so sure these notes are about the years 1933-1945 at all? As I understand there are some poetry and novels written by Mengele. And all this stuff is from period after WWII. And even if he was a war criminal - does it automatically mean we have to burn his notes?

Lord Russel of Liverpool had another equally shocking book by the title of "The Scourge of the Swastika" that described atrocities such as Oradour-sur-Glane, Malmedy,etc. It's hard to fathom, after reading these books, just What he considered "too horrible" to print. It must have been horrific Indeed.... William

I resent being called ''ignorant'' I will be happy to discuss history,music,Zeppelin flights ,third Reich or any other subject that you might like to talk about.I still say burn it all . Everything he ever did should be destroyed. Since I seem to be the only one who feels this way I will not respond to any more posts.Nothing will change my mind about this one subject. Regards

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast