Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

3rd Reich Relics Still Held in Germany.

Article about: Gents, remember to keep this thread on track - once things go downhill, they cannot be brought back up. Thank you.

?

Default Re: 3rd Reich Relics Still Held in Germany.

Gents, remember to keep this thread on track - once things go downhill, they cannot be brought back up.

Thank you.

?

Understood, my family lost valuable artwork/ paintings during the war as well. My great great grandma jadwiga( yadviga) had to bribe the SS with paintings and such to get my great great grandpa Sasha Volkoff out of prison after he refused to join the Lithuanian SS . Luckily she came from a wealthy family otherwise he would probably have rotted in some camp.

I did try to keep the discussion relevant and agreeably civil on my part, but apparently for little use. Rather than allow it to degenerate into yet another endless "I don't agree with what you say" thread, I, for one am withdrawing myself from this thread. Have fun, guys....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by big ned View Post

Anyway as I said, a short but interesting article, it's a shame they don't put it all on display, I for one would go to see it!
    I'd go see it too - for sure.

Scout has admirably brought this one back on track but otherwise ......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The Holocaust Era Asset Restitution Taskforce or Project HEART was set up in 2011 by the Israeli Government to locate Holocaust victims and their heirs and the property that was expropriated, stolen, looted from them during the Holocaust and to assist in obtaining restitution for that property.

On 1 May 2011 project HEART launched an online searchable database of more than two million pieces of property that belonged to Jews before the beginning of WWII.

Earlier, in 2009, the Holocaust Era Assets Conference in Prague passed a resolution in which 46 countries agreed to the principle of compensating Holocaust victims and their heirs for property lost in their respective countries and that restitution should be handled by the governments involved although this is not a legally binding agreement.

The project HEART official website:

HOLOCAUST ERA ASSET RESTITUTION TASKFORCE
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    The Holocaust Era Asset Restitution Taskforce or Project HEART was set up in 2011 by the Israeli Government to locate Holocaust victims and their heirs and the property that was expropriated, stolen, looted from them during the Holocaust and to assist in obtaining restitution for that property.

On 1 May 2011 project HEART launched an online searchable database of more than two million pieces of property that belonged to Jews before the beginning of WWII.

Earlier, in 2009, the Holocaust Era Assets Conference in Prague passed a resolution in which 46 countries agreed to the principle of compensating Holocaust victims and their heirs for property lost in their respective countries and that restitution should be handled by the governments involved although this is not a legally binding agreement.

The project HEART official website:

HOLOCAUST ERA ASSET RESTITUTION TASKFORCE
    Thank you for the very valuable information.

Quote by Dean View Post

My friend saw (in the 1980's) two teen boys walking downtown Santa Cruz , one had a camo Luftwaffe paratroopers helmet on and the other was holding a "Deuschland Erwake" standard, complete with pole,etc..! My buddy was kinda puzzled and asked what was going on? They said they found the stuff in a dumpster down the street! So people still throw this stuff out in ignorance. If they really hated the stuff and history behind it, you think they would want the items to be remembered so this will never occur again!! But no, sadly.
    I maybe jumping the gun a bit.....is your friend still around who reported this story. I know nothing of the Santa Cruz area. Another question is...the Standard itself Im sure would of Surfaced as Wolfe / Hardin is out there. Standards just don't disappear into the night. Im curious of the where abouts of those items now. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4