MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

40 years ago today, I earned the Title!

Article about: Of United States Marine! Damn has time really flown by!!! This is a pic on the Grinder at Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island after graduation with My Best Friend who joined with me. We

Thank you for your service. Jim G.

MAP
    ?

Phil: I guess you never get out , but how long did you serve?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Phil: I guess you never get out , but how long did you serve?
    79 -86, Then 87-2002 as a Blue Jean Marine with VMFT 401 Marine Adversary Program , Then 2002 to present day DOD/ Marine Corps, Civil Service - Air Traffic Control Maintenance, Radar Chief MCAS Yuma,
    So still serving the Corps, Just not uniformed!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Phil, you really looked almost like a child in your pictures from forty years ago when you became a Marine.
    Do not regret the mistakes of life, remember that thanks to them we are what we are now and if you had not married the wrong woman, you would not have met years later to the right one. (also you, Gregg)
    Always remember this:
    The best teacher in life is the experience. She charges very expensive, but explains well.

Happy weekend, my american friends. And congratulations for on the special anniversary for you, Phil.
    I have the feeling that you chose an excellent place to go from childhood to become a man.
    I am thinking of publishing the story of an old marine with a strange relationship with my family.... I'm not sure if I will, maybe I decide to do it this Christmas.
    A hug.
    Santi

Congratulations for your service Phil. The US Marines are the branch of the US military that has the closest connection to people in New Zealand. Well regarded by older folks and those who know their history, that in 1942 with Japan on the march and NZ forces in North Africa, we were vulnerable. The US Marines arrived to bolster defence and between 1942 and 1944 around 45,000 Marines spent some time in NZ before moving on to the the Pacific theatre.
    They are warmly remembered, and even influenced the culture.

usmarines1943Auckland.jpgusmarines.jpgusmarines2.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2