Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

40's Weekend.

Article about: Hey everyone, i'm going to a 40's weekend in about 6 weeks and neither myself or James know what to go as. Does anyone have any ideas of good outfits on a relatively low budget? Any suggesti

Default 40's Weekend.

Hey everyone, i'm going to a 40's weekend in about 6 weeks and neither myself or James know what to go as. Does anyone have any ideas of good outfits on a relatively low budget?

Any suggestions appreciated.

?

Default Re: 40's Weekend.

Have a look on ebay for 1940's clothing/uniforms. It should be fairly easy to source an outfit that might not be absolutely historically correct in terms of uniform but will pass to the untrained eye. Ladies 1940's style clothes should be quite common, most of the charity shops around here seems to be stuck in a pre 1950's time warp.
    You can always sell the outfits on again after the party.
    If you find some civvy clothes you could go as the characters from the sitcom 'Goodnight Sweetheart'. All James would need is a hat, an old pinstripe suit and a dirty old man mack. (Speak to Ned about the latter, I think he might be able to help.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

You go as an OXO cube and James as a Sandbag. Cheap, cheerful, sorted...!!

5880528989_7a025ff0f3_o.jpgman in burlap.jpg

I've got loads more ideas just as good as this if you need more help.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Like your thinking! I was going towards the nurse side, buy a modern light blue nurse' dress, put some white cuffs on and i have a red cross apron and cape which i could use. James was thinking of a Tanker, buy a boiler suit and age it/adapt it with a beret with belt and holster.

- - Updated - -

One question, how can i hold my glass of wine in that OXO outfit?

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Like your thinking! I was going towards the nurse side, buy a modern light blue nurse' dress, put some white cuffs on and i have a red cross apron and cape which i could use. James was thinking of a Tanker, buy a boiler suit and age it/adapt it with a beret with belt and holster.

- - Updated - -

One question, how can i hold my glass of wine in that OXO outfit?
    I see your point, everyone will be using you as a drinks tray.....
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Warden Hodges and Mrs Fox?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Now come on...We're only 21!

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Warden Hodges and Mrs Fox?
    Classic line from Cpl. Jones in the last ever episode:

" I think Mrs. Fox is only marrying me for my meat..."

Cheapest suggestion: Stay as you are and claim that you are time travellers from 2013 visiting the Forties.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Cheapest suggestion: Stay as you are and claim that you are time travellers from 2013 visiting the Forties.
    Great idea! I've got an old 'Time machine' down the garden you can borrow.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast