Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

About waste of bandwidth and time on the forum

Article about: I am sorry to bring thise up! Not ment to sart a fight, because I highly rescpect and like Adrian and the people who "liked" Adrian's post!! But closing the threat http://www.warre

Default Re: About waste of bandwidth and time on the forum

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Is this supposed to mean something Ned.........?
    Yeah, tell me too !
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Well, in the end I guess you can't standardise humanity.

I for one, strongly dislike beansprouts. I don't trust them.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I think a good way to avoid people who don't want to read that sort of stuff stumbling upon it, would be to have a new prefix along the lines of 'Need help!, Fake alert' etc....

Maybe, 'Ebay Special' or something...
    Or how about 'UNIMPORTANT CRAP! ALL INANE COMMENTS WELCOME!'That should work nicely.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

i suppose by my way of looking at it, there are fakes which are valuable to study and there are fakes which are posted for the purpose of ridicule.

i can understand the lack of value to the collector in the latter.

in that sense, i suppose adopting a stance that gratuitous posting of fake items could be differentiated from posting fakes the intent of which is to educate the fellow collector.

the former needs its own "humour" section or needs to be left out altogether.

i do not pretend to make a recommendation as to which is preferable because that's beyond my pay grade around here, but these have always been my thoughts when i see both types of fakes posted.

?

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    there are fakes which are valuable to study and there are fakes which are posted for the purpose of ridicule.

i can understand the lack of value to the collector in the latter.
    Exactly!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Yeah, tell me too !
    Look, it's pretty obvious isn't it? Under 5 foot tall and the colour of the shoes give it away.......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    I believe that the main reason for the forum's existence, is the study of genuine period artifacts. No amount of fleaBay garbage will assist this. However, a small place should be reserved for reproduction/fantasy pieces, due to the benefit that beginners gain from seeing the enemies colours.

The study of genuine items is paramount.

Regards,

Carl
    Guys i can only concur with what Carl and Adrian have said , we are here to dicuss and learn about original militaria and if a potentially lid is found on E Bay and they very occasionally are then let's talk about it BUT certain members have taken it upon themselves to trawl Flea bay which we all agree is full of fake and messed with junk , which if they want to do that is fine , but those members then consistantly post threads about the appalling rubbish they have found.

These threads give the forum little in the way of education and the posters little in the way of credibility , we have requested some members to desist from doing this but unfortunately it continues to the detriment of the majority.

If some here want to start their own " Ebay Junk / Crap Helmet Let's discuss how crap it is Forum " then feel free to do so but a seperate section for it has no place here !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Guys i can only concur with what Carl and Adrian has said , we are here to dicuss and learn about original militaria and if a lid is found on E Bay and they very occasionally are then let's talk about it BUT certain members have taken it upon themselves to trawl Flea bay which we all agree is full of fake and messed with junk , which if they want to do that is fine , but those members then consistantly post threads about the appalling rubbish they have found.

These threads give the forum little in the way of education and the posters little in the way of credibility , we have requested some members to desist from doing this but unfortunately it continues to the detriment of the majority.

If some here want to start their own " Ebay Junk / Crap Helmet Let's discuss how crap it is Forum " then feel free to do so but a seperate section for it has no place here !!
    These are all great points, I totally agree with both Adrian and Carl as well. But the real question underlying all of this is How are we going to keep these threads from accumulating and overrunning the Helmet forum? These listings cannot be prevented, but maybe they can at least be channeled away from the helmet forum by having a separate Ebay Crap Helmet section (either as a pinned thread or subforum). I don't particularly want this separate section, I would never visit it; however, I would support it if it would work in filtering the countless eBay threads.

We can talk all day how these threads annoy us and how we don't think they should be listed, but nothing will change until something is done about it. Any more ideas out there??

?

Corey the easiest way is to just delete these threads unless a genuine discussion is required and dissuade members from posting E Bay rubbish all the time , if members persist in this then maybe they need to move to the E Bay Crap Discussion Forum !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by Sir Payne View Post
    These are all great points, I totally agree with both Adrian and Carl as well. But the real question underlying all of this is How are we going to keep these threads from accumulating and overrunning the Helmet forum? These listings cannot be prevented, but maybe they can at least be channeled away from the helmet forum by having a separate Ebay Crap Helmet section (either as a pinned thread or subforum). I don't particularly want this separate section, I would never visit it; however, I would support it if it would work in filtering the countless eBay threads.

We can talk all day how these threads annoy us and how we don't think they should be listed, but nothing will change until something is done about it. Any more ideas out there??
    By members taking the hint and understanding that their threads about the latest piece of cr@p they found on ebay are not welcome, needed or wanted here.

It's quite simple. Most members are fed up with seeing these threads so just stop posting them. Some members have been spoken to by private message by the forum staff but it doesn't sink in.

There is no need for a separate 'Ebay Junk' section - we don't want to see it!

We do not want to see this rubbish posted on this forum so please stop posting it!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast