Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

About waste of bandwidth and time on the forum

Article about: I am sorry to bring thise up! Not ment to sart a fight, because I highly rescpect and like Adrian and the people who "liked" Adrian's post!! But closing the threat http://www.warre

Default Re: About waste of bandwidth and time on the forum

Quote by Sir Payne View Post
    These are all great points, I totally agree with both Adrian and Carl as well. But the real question underlying all of this is How are we going to keep these threads from accumulating and overrunning the Helmet forum? These listings cannot be prevented, but maybe they can at least be channeled away from the helmet forum by having a separate Ebay Crap Helmet section (either as a pinned thread or subforum). I don't particularly want this separate section, I would never visit it; however, I would support it if it would work in filtering the countless eBay threads.

We can talk all day how these threads annoy us and how we don't think they should be listed, but nothing will change until something is done about it. Any more ideas out there??
    I like the idea of 'channeling away' these pointless and annoying threads to a separate section. Let's call it 'THE F****** TOILET!' forum and salute each turd as it sets sail for the sea.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I agree with Adrian, what's the point of an ebay junk section, you'll still be wasting valuable bandwidth.

Well, maybe we should post photos of really unique and interesting items only? For me it is not also interesting to post a photo of every single award or other item I get. What will be the point I will post every month? But we have here also many members who have just started collecting. Maybe it will be their first helmet or EK? Of course it is understandable they are very exited and want answers as quickly as possible. Maybe just to start a new thread something like "items from eBay" and delete posts after 30 days. It will keep other threads more professional. And newbies can get their answers.

I don´t think that posting the odd thread with feeBay items in them is the issue, new member should of course be allowed to do so. The issue is when members keep posting threads only to bash the horrid items in them found on feeBay. Or have I lost it completely?
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Guys ! How much bandwith is this thread taking up!!

Only joking

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Kradspam that cat thingy made me laugh out load...classic...thanks for making me smile in the middle of the desert...Cheers Terry..

?

Quote by Little Mermaid View Post
    I don´t think that posting the odd thread with feeBay items in them is the issue, new member should of course be allowed to do so. The issue is when members keep posting threads only to bash the horrid items in them found on feeBay. Or have I lost it completely?
    Spot on Christina !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I have a filter system..........!!!!!!!!!! If your name doesn't start with a "T" you can't come on here!!!!!! Cheers Terry.

I belive it is the problem of every growing forum - at first it is a close circle of collectors. Then new collectors join and soon there are too much of them and forum quality falls. The other thing is that seriuos collectors sooner or later do not visit forum so much any more because they have showed most of their collection already and really it is not too interesting to answer every day to the same question - i found it from the eBay, is it real?

?

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    I belive it is the problem of every growing forum - at first it is a close circle of collectors. Then new collectors join and soon there are too much of them and forum quality falls. The other thing is that seriuos collectors sooner or later do not visit forum so much any more because they have showed most of their collection already and really it is not too interesting to answer every day to the same question - i found it from the eBay, is it real?
    Valid points Juhan !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast