Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

About waste of bandwidth and time on the forum

Article about: I am sorry to bring thise up! Not ment to sart a fight, because I highly rescpect and like Adrian and the people who "liked" Adrian's post!! But closing the threat http://www.warre

?

Default Re: About waste of bandwidth and time on the forum

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    I belive it is the problem of every growing forum - at first it is a close circle of collectors. Then new collectors join and soon there are too much of them and forum quality falls. The other thing is that seriuos collectors sooner or later do not visit forum so much any more because they have showed most of their collection already and really it is not too interesting to answer every day to the same question - i found it from the eBay, is it real?
    And that is why we want to keep these pointless threads from the forum and to keep it at the top of the pile. We don't need threads discussing ebay junk when there is so much more and better things out there to spend our time looking at and discussing.
    The new members here on the whole a re good folk and we don't want them to stop joining because the forum is turning into an ebay junk joke forum. Any new members who are here for any other reason than discussing militaria or just want to be a part of something without contributing much are quickly found out.
    A serious collector will keep returning because he or she knows they can post their collection, discuss their hobby and help others in a decent and friendly place.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Little Mermaid View Post
    I don´t think that posting the odd thread with feeBay items in them is the issue, new member should of course be allowed to do so. The issue is when members keep posting threads only to bash the horrid items in them found on feeBay. Or have I lost it completely?
    Oh I see now, thanks for clearing that up

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Corey the easiest way is to just delete these threads unless a genuine discussion is required and dissuade members from posting E Bay rubbish all the time , if members persist in this then maybe they need to move to the E Bay Crap Discussion Forum !!
    Probably the best solution. If it is of no use, bin it.

"Put the rubbish in the bin".

I think there are some misleading terms being used here. Bandwidth is an incorrect term. It’s about Data Storage. This Website and all the information contained within, takes up a lot of space. Server Data storage, Hosting is not cheap, not cheap at all. All these useless threads take up space, that’s maybe what the MODs concerns are, data storage costs a lot of money. I know a little about it because it’s what I do for a living.....most of the time! haha

I have just installed an Oracle DB Server for the company I am working for at the moment, albeit it’s quite an importing piece of kit, the hardware alone cost over £120,000!!!

I believe that the issues with and the reasons for wanting to avoid these threads for the future have all been explained above by Admins, Mods and other members.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

No worries, I was not being critical. Just trying to make the point, all this costs money, it doesnt pay for its self .......I will get my coat ................

?

I believe that the issues with and the reasons for wanting to avoid these threads for the future have all been explained above by Admins, Mods and other members.
    Thank you!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Fair enough!
    Seems like I misjudged the situation!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I have noticed an increasing amount of threads in which people seem to be not exactly grateful for the help and advice given to them. Ok, that was off topic, but still that is how I see it.
    Again a bit off topic, but members who consistently post pointless and uniformative/uninformed posts irritates me, though maybe that is just arrogance on my part. We (I assume) all post the wow wonderful item type post some of the time which I am guilty of and and with some threads there is nothing else to post other than showing appreciation for something special, but some people post comments that add nothing to the discussion being undertaken on a far too regular a basis for my liking.

I also noticed a few threads in this section that had nothing to do with militaria or anything related to it and though I don't mind such threads, as I can ignore them or not as I choose depending on their subject matter, but I thought such threads are not allowed?

Just joining in with the forum spring cleaning.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I shot the bloody cat.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast