Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

This is absolutely horrifying!

Article about: I am so damn tired of this s h i t! Between this and the Australian college Baseball player - Some of these animals should be put down for good! WWII vet, beaten by teens outside Eagles Lodg

Our presidents grandfather was a WW2 vet also, this has nothing to do with whoever is in office, bad things happened under the bush's and just about every president in history, political views do not belong in this thread, the fact is a poor old hero of our great country was snuffed out by two misguided punks, and I pray some kind of peace or hope can come out of this senseless act.

At the risk of pissin people off and whilst I agree these are terrible acts and the perpetrators deserve more than the law will throw at them, surely what the Nazis did only 70 or 80 years back was far worse or what about what the Japanese did, or the Soviets, or for that matter the British Empire or Napoleon etc.... C'mon please, this is not new and though you are right to be outraged by these events, far worse things happen every day around the world and have always happened.

So many of you state that it is the youth of today that did this and when you were kids you got a clip on the ear and that made you a good person, whilst as someone implied by what they posted, this sort of behavior has been going on since the dawn of humanity and sadly it is human nature that some will attack those weaker than themselves and this will continue until we are all long gone. The obvious examples mentioned above are just the tip of the iceberg in terms of what we as a species are capable of and we have always been capable of such acts on all scales.

The recent events in Syria and Egypt show what is happening around the world every day, what b#stards so many of us sadly are.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

A couple of more crackheads going to prison.......surprise surprise. Where the hell is George when you need him?
    Last edited by Larry C; 08-24-2013 at 12:17 AM.

Just to show that we are not all scum and that the world has not quite gone to hell in a handbag, this recent footage from the UK does help redress the balance.

Granny fights off 6 robbers - YouTube
    Regards,

Jerry

?

In part I agree with you Jerry,but when I was a kid ,if you did something wrong you got punished,not only at home but at school,and if you were cheeky to a copper you got rapped around the ear with his cape,if you told your parents about it you stood a good chance of getting another one,it was'nt brutality or abuse because in my case I had very loving parents but my respect for them was never questioned,nor the respect I had for other people,perhaps it was a sign of the times, which to me should never have been allowed to progress, bullies at school were dealt with harshly,disrespect towards teachers in the same way,it made you realise at an early age that certain behaviour would not be tolerated, a condition that is sadly lacking in a lot of people nowadays

Well spoken Jerry.

Obviously it makes me sad (and angry) but not suprised, the problem has existed as long as the humans, no doubt. What suprises me is the opinions of many forum members who advocates for the use of physical punishment. Although I understand that people say things they dont mean in a heated moment.

Also to me its not worse if the victim is an old ww2 vet than a 17year in Florida or an Australian baseball player, all individuals are worth the same in my eyes.

Just my 5 cents, have a nice weekend to all of you.

Cheers, Mads

Quote by davejb View Post
    In part I agree with you Jerry,but when I was a kid ,if you did something wrong you got punished,not only at home but at school,and if you were cheeky to a copper you got rapped around the ear with his cape,if you told your parents about it you stood a good chance of getting another one,it was'nt brutality or abuse because in my case I had very loving parents but my respect for them was never questioned,nor the respect I had for other people,perhaps it was a sign of the times, which to me should never have been allowed to progress, bullies at school were dealt with harshly,disrespect towards teachers in the same way,it made you realise at an early age that certain behaviour would not be tolerated, a condition that is sadly lacking in a lot of people nowadays
    I also am of the generation that underwent the same discipline that you did and I have not felt the need (or hardly ever) to kill anyone and I agree that good discipline at home and in society is a good thing that is indeed sadly lacking in some areas of the world and society today, but the Germans in the 30's or the Japanese were I'm sure mostly well brought up so it does not always go hand in hand that such an upbringing leads to a decent adulthood. It is sadly true that some will take lives for a misguided ideology whilst others will do it for greed and yet others again because they are sick f#ckers and others because they are starving or need a fix and I would guess in plenty of cases they were well brought up. It is easy to blame these sorts of events on the state of the world today, but if you examine the history of the world, Victorian England for instance and Jack the Ripper as an example, all the candidates for his identity are either members of the royal family or Doctors or the like and in more recent times, Harold Shipman, another sick and evil b#stard who I would assume had a good upbringing, so it is not only upbringing that determines a persons actions, it is also their own human nature that can be a reason for why they might commit such acts.

The debate about "Nature or Nurture" as the pattern for behavior will always have adherents for both points of view, though trying to assign causality to either alone is probably a rather futile act IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Sadly, some in our "civilized society" will excuse this behavior due to socio-economics or some other horse crap. Evil is evil and should not be tolerated as the level of depravity only increases expotentially to the excuses made.

The most ironic and disheartening fact is, "Shorty" was about the same age as his murderers when he took a bullet on Okinawa fighting the Japanese during WWII in service to his country.
    Regards,
    John

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    At the risk of pissin people off and whilst I agree these are terrible acts and the perpetrators deserve more than the law will throw at them, surely what the Nazis did only 70 or 80 years back was far worse or what about what the Japanese did, or the Soviets, or for that matter the British Empire or Napoleon etc.... C'mon please, this is not new and though you are right to be outraged by these events, far worse things happen every day around the world and have always happened.

So many of you state that it is the youth of today that did this and when you were kids you got a clip on the ear and that made you a good person, whilst as someone implied by what they posted, this sort of behavior has been going on since the dawn of humanity and sadly it is human nature that some will attack those weaker than themselves and this will continue until we are all long gone. The obvious examples mentioned above are just the tip of the iceberg in terms of what we as a species are capable of and we have always been capable of such acts on all scales.

The recent events in Syria and Egypt show what is happening around the world every day, what b#stards so many of us sadly are.
    I hope you dont mind me replying with your quote sir, in my youth we certainly had a clip round the ear whether you agree or not , it certainly made us compliant to our parents wishes,{i firmly disagree with beatings} and taught us the rights and wrongs of how to conduct ourselves in society thereafter, i only once had to raise my hand to my children,and that was just a firm slap to the back of the hand, it worked,because after the initial shock of it i only had to threaten the punishment and they did as they were asked. discipline is on very short measure in society as a whole and it will get less and less sadly, sorry for boring you all, regards george

I can't believe an person could do this. I've heard of this happening in Russia also. Truly sad and horrifying.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast