Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

This is absolutely horrifying!

Article about: I am so damn tired of this s h i t! Between this and the Australian college Baseball player - Some of these animals should be put down for good! WWII vet, beaten by teens outside Eagles Lodg

(Warning! Rant Alert!)

Just a thought or two on physical discipline. I have to say, that it does, absolutely, have a deterrent effect when used properly. Take, for example, the many inmates of the hardcore prison Alcatraz. The history of many many of it's released inmates was Very low in recidivism. Were these criminals all reformed and suddenly wonderful altruistic citizens again? Not a prayer. But they Did behave themselves and usually did so for the rest of their Lives,, as the abhorrence and fear of ever having to go Back again prevented them from doing otherwise. The same concept, but in a much more mild and lesser form can be applied to spanked or punished children. Many of us here can remember their fathers belt or their mother's hand on their backsides for doing some atrocious thing that we should have known better not to do, but after we got caught and Punished for it, we had the sense and reluctance to never do it Again for fear of an even worse punishment the Next time. It gave us a much needed lesson of "Don't do it again or Else!" and we were actually better off for having experienced it.

Now, no one here is seriously suggesting that we beat our children black and blue and raise welts and bloody blisters on their butts with electric cords, but it is only Natural to teach rights and wrongs in a gentler but firm manner such as corporal punishment. In Nature, you'll always see mother or father animals giving their out of line cubs and offspring a bat upside the head, and Humans are no different. It's how the young develop their morals and future lifestyles. In Some countries where offenders are executed, they even Televise the event, and it does, indeed, have a deterrent effect on the rest of the population and would be future offenders. One has only to witness the death of someone in the Electric Chair to realize what is being said here. Once seen, it Absolutely instills a restraining fear on anyone even Contemplating a similar offense with such a punishment. Yes, in a Utopian Society, there would never be a need for such things-our "intelligence" and reasoning powers should be sufficient enough, but, unfortunately, this is Not a Utopian Society and such a state may well never even Be a possibility. The prevailing attitudes of parenting today is one of "I'll never touch my child in anger. I'll send him to his room. I'll give him a time out. I'll ground him. I'll take away his privileges." But, sadly, such measures are rarely effective and are usually sneered at by the delinquent offenders. Children can Not be allowed to grow up without Some sort of workable restraints and limits. To let them go unchecked and doing as they will-acting on whims and thrills is a recipe for disaster and we are seeing more and more of it's results each day. Today, there are actual Laws that have been made that forbid taking away a young person's "media devices". Children can tell their parents "No, I won't and you can't Make me! If you do, I'll go to school and tell them that you hit or threatened me!" and they Will. If a child goes to his school and says "My Mom beat me"-even if they have no marks at all and may well even have made up the entire event just to get even with Mom not allowing them to do or have something, the school Will contact the authorities and they Will check it out. They Have to by Law. This makes parents nearly helpless and unable to do much of anything to check their children's behaviors.

It's a sad state of affairs we live in today. I,personally, grew up in a much different and earlier age, and yes, I got my share of smacks on the butt, but somehow....I seemed to have survived just fine and didn't turn out to be a torturing psychotic serial killer...20 years from now? Thankfully, I'll never see it. I don't even want to Think about it ,when you stop and consider all of the massive Changes that have occurred in just the Last 20 years...Okey...rant's over...I'll sit down again...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I've always said that 90% of the worlds ills are parenting.....or the lack there of.

"It takes a village to raise a child."..........my ass it does, it take dedicated and committed parents (two of them) and a sense of family - things that were sacrificed on the altar of our "Great Society" and "Do your own thing" mentality long ago.
    Regards,
    John

It should be like they showed in the old westerns. This little dickheads
    should be able to look out their jail cell and watch the gallows being built
    in the town square.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I would pay to see these punks trying to beat "Shorty" when he was young and wearing all his gear
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    I would pay to see these punks trying to beat "Shorty" when he was young and wearing all his gear
    Would never happen!
    They only pick out the weak and the feeble........and even then use superior numbers and weapons to their advantage.

Absolutely pieces of human excrement.
    Regards,
    John

The pot is boiling in this country and we fought once for freedom and tyranny from government. It is very likely to happen again. It is a common them that some of our younger people and government feel that no one has to be held accountable for any actions. I feel that is not the case. Things are going to CHANGE soon!!

ATTENTION GENTS......keep it cool...and " Visor keep your comments on the cooler side please..this is the 2nd one I have deleted of yours. This topic of the attack on the elder WW2 vet..is very horrifying of a cowardly level..and all are correct in their feelings...but do not bring politics..political figures..of the such into this thread or it will be shut down or deleted.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I agree with Larry. I'm sure the thread will turn nasty, when politics are brought in.

?

The problem in todays world are the lack of quickly executions when you have done something extremly evil. They fill up the prisons around the globe with every type of genetical waste and other surviving abortions. So the jails turns into a school from hell.

It would have taken me 2months to change every prison into a churchcamp if i were given Free hands today.

Mods are free to delete this post.

This post is heavily modified, just to avoid being labeled as an lunatic, but this murder touches me deeply.

I have removed words and spicy expressions that could be to strong for some readers.

I can't agree with this. I think society should invest in adapting inmates back into society and not just put an bullet to their heads. If we just start killing, who ever we feel like, we are repeating history.

My brother has been in prison and he has had an extremely hard life, serious depression, abuse when he was younger etc and he managed to fit back into society and start his life over again. I find the fact, that we start executing inmates, as sick as what the criminals did to that veteran. I understand that this horrible incident makes you mad, but we should be better than them.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast