Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Adicted to collecting

Article about: Guys im looking for some moral support.A freinds child was recently in my apartment and ,since has called it like a museum.my problem is i not only collect militaria /30 german helmets inclu

Default Re: Adicted to collecting

Quote by Jan View Post
    All collectors unite and get out of the closets

Rgds Jan
    I dont know what your hoping for mate

Thanks

Danny

?

Im lucky, I have my own study where I can display whatever I want.
    For some reason, my wife will only let me display the badges that I framed for our son,on the hall wall, which he collected whilst in Iraq with the British army a couple of years ago!!
    I'm hoping that he can get me some badges etc during this current tour of Afghanistan so that I can do the same, but he is having problems getting any because of where he is based in the country!

Guys i loved the humourous replies ,and that i am not a lone with this adiction.I REMEMBER SOMEONE SAYING THAT OF ALL THE ADICTIONS ,COLLECTING IS THE MOST POSITIVE ONE.Ooops shouting again,happy and apeacfull new year to you all.

?

I consider myself fortunate that my girlfriend loves collecting the same things that I do (militaria, fossils, and books). Well, she loves books and fossils, and doesnt mind militaria, she leaves that side of the collecting to me .

We have the books on our bookshelves in plain view, and most of the fossils are proudly displayed. However, the military stuff, especially anything with a swastika, is usually not displayed because its just too much trouble to explain when people come over. Also, I dont collect it to show it off, I collect it because it interests me, and relics need a good home.

She and I are both history majors/aspiring school teachers, so we collect anything historically significant, especially WWII items.

I was allowed to have some TR in the living room ....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    I made a living out of it, so it wouldn't be that obvious ...
    It became a collection that often changes, but it is still a collection. Most of my friends also call my home a museum.
    Buying is more important to me then selling. I remember my grandma, who lived thru two world wars , saying ;"selling is losing"....
    hi kris your grandma was correct and a good motto to live by as i myself have sold things i wish i shouldnt nor will i ever get it back but thats the way it goes eah.

Some of us are born to collect. Somewhere in our DNA the collecting gene was turned on. I started out with rocks and arrowheads when I was maybe 8 years old. The collections have changed over the years (I still have the arrowheads -45years later)

I have found that I have use a lot of self discipline to remain focused on one or two collections or my house would so full of stuff, you would not be able to walk.

My wife is a collector also. She collects buttons, old silverware, thimbles and dolls (everywhere I look in my house there is some creepy doll looking back at me. ) I would not call my house a museum, more like a garage sale gone bad.

My advice, stay focused on one or two collecting areas. Don't spend above your budget, If it makes you happy--who cares what anyone else thinks.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

My name is Mick,and im a collectorholic,
    it wouldnt bother me so much except for my kids running around in rags and shoeless

?

Quote by aussie mick View Post
    My name is Mick,and im a collectorholic,
    it wouldnt bother me so much except for my kids running around in rags and shoeless

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Some of us are born to collect. .......

My wife is a collector also. She collects buttons, ....

Hey Greg,
    buttons you said.....?
    Here are some of mine.
    Military , civile, schools, heraldic,....anything on a button!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast