Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Be afraid - be very afraid; 'Dead Snow' sequel.

Article about: We have discussed the 'horror' comedy 'Dead Snow.' Now there is a sequel comming. Speaking of 'Dead Snow' (and bad taste); looks like a silver wound badge pinned on the tie on the bloke in f

If we start to worry about the accuracy of the uniforms in a Nazi zombie film, we should also start to worry about finally geeking out for good.

Anyway, I will definitely watch the sequel, as I found the first one to be quite good fun.

I especially liked the visually striking setting in that one; the snowy Norwegian wilderness was at the same time breathtakingly beautiful and - in this horror movie context - scary for its coldness, solitude and remoteness: No, help will not come.
    (Especially, as our heroes find out, if you tell the emergeny services telephone operator: "Hello, 9-1-1? We've been attacked by what look like German zombies from the Second World War! And we set our cabin on fire by accident!" )

The zombies were actually pretty effective, too.

dead snow is available on netflix instant (currently) for those interested

?

'The Movie That Never Was.'

Speaking of Zombie Nazi movies and movie geekyness; A while ago, the movie 'Frankenstein's Army' was discussed.
    For obvious reasons, few know of a failed project by the same director (Richard Raaphorst); 'Woensdag Gehaktdag' or 'Worst Case Scenario.'

WCS - brief synopsis:
    The story tells of a fictional 2006 FIFA World Cup Finale between Germany and Netherlands. When the team from Germany loses, they send out as revenge a zombie invasion. A small group of friends moves away from the nationwide madness, to a North Sea island where a horde of Wehrmacht zombies wait.

A movie which beyond a few trailers and 'behind the scenes' shots failed to materialize for financial reasons.

Raaphorst went on to make 'Frankensteins Army.' Some elements of 'WCS' can be recognized in 'FA.'

WCS trailer 1
    Worst Case Scenario Trailer 1 - YouTube

WCS trailer 2
    WORST CASE SCENARIO Trailer 2 Green - YouTube

WCS - the making of
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09sxHg0wDtA

As an aside, we once again see Ade from this forum in a prominent role battling evildoers as part of his film career....much like his work here!

I'll leave it up to you to reqognize which pic shows Ade below:
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

I look forward to the sequel . My son and I had a great laugh watching the first one!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I look forward to the sequel . My son and I had a great laugh watching the first one!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    The sequel is going happen, working title is rumoured to be "Yellow Snow".
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Can't wait! I always enjoy a nice Nazi horror movie that isn't TOO over the top. Dead Snow was entertaining while Outpost was ridiculous.

I'm hoping the gratuitous nudity in the sequel will be better than the first installment, I personally felt the lack of exposed breasts to be a disappointment in what was otherwise an excellent example of b grade horror flick!

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    I'm hoping the gratuitous nudity in the sequel will be better than the first installment, I personally felt the lack of exposed breasts to be a disappointment in what was otherwise an excellent example of b grade horror flick!
    There was a bit of under-utilized talent in the first.

Quote by aurelius180 View Post
    There was a lot of under-utilized talent in the first.
    Agreed, I thought it was a given that an actress was expected to expose all of her talents in a film of this magnitude, I base this on other b grade horror films I've viewed over the years. I still enjoyed "Dead Snow" however feel the female characters could have been developed and exposed further.

?

Ned.. Hahahhaha Your humor is never ending ?? You... were kidding..... Right... ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast