Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Air raid siren

Article about: Hi, I have a ww2 carters air raid siren (hand cranked) in its original box which has never been opened and it also has all the paper work with it. Does anyone have any idea of the value of t

Default Air raid siren

Hi, I have a ww2 carters air raid siren (hand cranked) in its original box which has never been opened and it also has all the paper work with it. Does anyone have any idea of the value of this as iv never seen another one in a unopened crate.

Hi Jake..could you take a few photos..for those who collect and have knowledge of this equipment? I think you should take it out of the box and try it out..preferably outside Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by jake1708 View Post
    Hi, I have a ww2 carters air raid siren (hand cranked) in its original box which has never been opened and it also has all the paper work with it. Does anyone have any idea of the value of this as iv never seen another one in a unopened crate.
    If it's the standard grey finish with the the red impeller then they go for between £150-£200.

HandSiren.jpg

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi
    I had one like that last year, sold for £180
    Thnks

What does that indicate
    If it's the standard grey finish with the the red impeller then they go for between £150-£200.

Cheers