Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Air shows.

Article about: Hi Carl. Thank you My holiday will run from June 29th until September 1st (yes, no kidding!), so I don´t really know when, where, how and so on - yet. But there is definitely alot to see.

Default Air shows.

Hello friends

I´ve been talking to a friend of mine who is also into WW2 collecting, we are interested in going somewhere to see and experience an air show - like this one:

White Cliffs Of Dover - Spitfire Show - Music Video - YouTube - great sound, btw.

Where are the good ones, and when?

Thanks, guys!

Chris
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Default Re: Air shows.

Hi Chris,

I believe you're in Norway, is that correct? If so here's a list of airshows there this coming year. They are all in June. Other ones in Scandinavia are also listed on this site.

MILAVIA Air Show Calendar 2012 - Airshows in Norway

Hope this helps!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Ned.

No, I am in Denmark, but it is close! Thank you so much for that link, it makes it (planning, eventually) much easier!
    I was actually thinking about British air shows as well, as I love the country and have several friends there whom I/we can stay with.

Chris
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

Duxford Air museum have some pretty good displays and some of the rarest aircraft flying still, also the indoor museum is an amazing place and the New British Airborne Museum is there as well, google Duxford Museum and pick the show dates

Hi Dave.

Thank you! It seems like there are many good places to go and see? Will definitely do a search for that one as well

Chris
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

If you ever plan a trip to the US try and do so when the Chino Planes of Fame Air Show is taking place. This show hosts what is likely the largest collection of flying WWII War Birds in existance (mostly US of course) and is incredible to see them all flying. At the end of each day of the show they do a Grand Finally of sorts and it is common to have warbirds circling the airfield, making low speed and high speed passes, mock bombing runs and dog fights itc. At one show we were able to see 4 P-38's in flight at once, the fifth had a last moment mechanical problem and didn't take to the air and most every show they have a pretty good showing of B-25's on arial display. Most every show has a B-17 on static and areal disply and pretty much ever other US warbird you can think of......the local skies are filled all day with big radials mixed in with a few allisons and rolls V-12's. A few flying Brit aircraft are usually at the show but not much else from that side of the pond. One of the crowd pleasers, every year, is the Korean War era F-86 and Mig 15 mock dog fight..........the F-86 wins every year

Hi Chris,

You could try the Danish Airshow 2012 held at Aalborg on 10th June, or alternatively, if you're thinking of coming to the U.K. this summer, here's a list of all the airshows this year.

UK and European Airshows 2012 - Calendar - Flightline UK

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you! I did not even know about the one here in Denmark
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Waddington Airshow is always good. Its in Lincolnshire so whlie you are there you can visit Conningsby where the Battle of Britain memorial flight is based and also East Kirby where the Lancaster Just Jane fires up her Merlins and taxys. East Kirby is also an original WW2 airfield with all the sights and sounds of the 1940's. You can also go to Scampton, the home of 617 Squadron 'The Dambusters'. Now home to the Red Arrows.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hi Chris, some good suggestions made by the guys above, and I would endorse those recommendations. Also, as I know that the U-Boat is dear to your heart, don't forget the "U-Boat Story" museum, in the North West of England (Liverpool/Birkenhead area). If you are within range, I am sure that you will find it is well worth a visit.

Regards,

Carl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast