Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

It all pays off......

Article about: Never know Danny,some others may get the nod too. I've got some more of my stuff going in upcomming book projects. Stewy S

Default Re: It all pays off......

Never know Danny,some others may get the nod too. I've got some more of my stuff going in upcomming book projects. Stewy S

Congratulations Danny.
    It's nice to get the recognition. I remember when I was asked to
    contribute one of my items for a book, it really made me feel
    good to know others appreciated my collection as much as I did.

Good on you.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Yep well done, I look forward to seeing the series, I love any shows on technology engineering, and science.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Hi Danny

Good luck with both the programme and the museum.

I have just been on your website trying to recognise which gas mask I would have been issued with in late 70s/early 80s when I was training at the Guards Depot, Pirbright.

It also brought back memories of having to undertake the "gas chamber" training with CS Gas

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks guys, I just had a weekend of CS Gas in the gas chamber Weep

I just feel sorry for the poor sod who had to write the risk assesments for the weekend that seem to be done for everything in cadets now after that cadet died after that landing craft accident.

Thanks for the nice comments guys, and well done to the ones whose items have been in books

Danny

Heres an update to this thread, its on tonight on BBC Two and 20:10hrs. Only part of the program features the developement of gas masks, I really hope that they use the information that I provided for them

Thanks

Danny

?

Danny,
    Can you tell us the name of the program or add a link to it from the BBC iplayer?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Heres an iPlayer link:

BBC iPlayer - Richard Hammond's Engineering Connections: Series 2: Sydney Opera House

And yes its the meant to be about the Sydney Opera House, but you'll find out where the gas masks tie into it

Thanks

Danny

Hi Danny,
    Very well done on your connection with the progamme, and a great idea for the museum. make sure you only lend you collection to the museum as i know some do sell off the items they have been given, this way you still own it and can have it back one day.
    Best of luck.
    dave.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2