Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

American Diggers , fake TV

Article about: I don't know if you get this pile of crap in Europe , but we do in Canada . Anyhow it about a company of medal detecting diggers who share the "profits" with the land owners . It r

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Hello Otto, It is about a battlefield excavating digger group that was approached by National Geographic to do a series on TV on what they do. They ran a preview short clip from it on their website and it did Not go over well with the public. The group has one of our members here in it but also stars the controversial character of Craig Gottleib-who was In the preview clip shown and did not appear to be thought of very well by the public. Gottleib has been involved in several questionable transactions and is not well liked, to say the least, by most in the hobby. I hope this answers your question, as my even saying this much is getting into "forbidden to talk about it" waters...
    Thank you my friend for the informations.
    I hope I did not get you in any troubles or hot waters.

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Absolutely! If you'll notice, I was just answering Otto's question, as I thought it impolite to leave him hanging and wondering.
    Maybe there should be a 'sticky' thread made about the forbidden show, because there will definitely be people who want to talk about it, especially after it airs. If it gets this much coverage here now, imagine the reaction once people start seeing it every week.

Gents now that there was clarity lets move on!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Scout View Post
    A thread on diggers was closed but I dont believe, that it was deleted ...............?
    To answer your point - Several were deleted and a couple of members have left so far. Others have said they will not renew next cycle. I guess we'll see how bad it gets by the time it airs. All other military forums are buzzing about this.
    Regards,
    John

Guys stop talking about the forbidden show whos name must not be spoken (or typed) unless you seek the wrath of the mods.

I find these types of shows bad for the hobby in so many ways. Not only does it not promote any actual history, it makes our prices ridicules. Just the other day I watched "diggers" with a friend for the first time (I don't watch tv much). They dug up a civil war belt buckle and I gave a ball park price. They stated it was some absurd amount of money and from now on my friend thinks I have no idea what I'm talking about. It's personal now.

Just getting off the "Nazi diggers" topic, I remember an episode of American diggers where the supposedly dug up an afrika korps pow camp and found some absurd items. One of the items if i remember was one of those fake Africa palm with swastika pins.

Personally, I stopped watching Any of the "reality shows" some good many years now. They are all fake. Period. Whether it's Survivor, Pawn Stars, American Pickers, American Restoration, American Diggers or what have you. They are as real as the guests on Springer or Maury. 5% actual and 95% Entertainment. Absolutely scripted, orchestrated garbage that teaches no information and are produced solely for naive and gullible audiences who still think that All Star Wrestling and the WWF are real. This is what the producers of today's television think of the intelligence of their audiences. To present a guest star on a show like this is like going to a game farm with tame and caged animals to "hunt". Make believe and pretend. People that watch these insulting programs can either show their ignorance and buy into this nonsense or use their minds and Know what they're looking at is pure rubbish for the double digit IQ set.
    Sorry for the rant, but it's getting tiring that these crap fake shows are becoming omnipresent on this Forum and are garnering far more attention than they ever deserved in the first place...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Is there any reality on TV at all? All commercial TV programmes are created as vehicles to sell advertising slots so are manufactured entirely to meet that end purpose, reality comes only in advertising spends. The media has been dumbed down because people have become dumber and they need it dumb. You only have to look at the top most viewed clips on YouTube to see how dumb people have become.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Yeah depressing, that it has come to this.
    The vast majority of people are sheep and gobble up this horrible 'infotainment.'

?

Please bear in mind that any thread about the National Geographic show will just be yet another place on the internet to have a bitch about Gottlieb and the way the digging is portrayed on the programme.
    What more can anyone add here that hasn't already been said in other places?
    What benefit is there in posting more images of Gottlieb holding a bone or four blokes covered in dirt?
    What more can anyone else here bring to the table by way of informed comments or do members here really want to indulge themselves in a gutter press bitch fest?

The people involved with the show have been advised not to make comments as they will be misquoted and misinterpreted by the circling vultures, many of which appear to hang out here and wish to pick over the bones (no pun intended) of a character assassination of those involved.

If someone can give a genuine reason why this forum should host another Gottlieb lynch mob or they can add something constructive and different to the furore surrounding this programme then please carry on but if you just want to have a bitch about the same thing that is all over the www then please go to those other places and vent your ire there.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast