Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

American Diggers , fake TV

Article about: I don't know if you get this pile of crap in Europe , but we do in Canada . Anyhow it about a company of medal detecting diggers who share the "profits" with the land owners . It r

american pickers has to my personal "best" worst show out there, where i used to work we had a break room, which had several tvs and it always seemed like those idiots would be on, having bought and sold odds and ends for many years i would try to explain to my coworkers just how much of a load of bs that show was, but never could, as the guys would say "but they got a tv show,its gotta be real"! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by relicz View Post
    To answer your point - Several were deleted and a couple of members have left so far. Others have said they will not renew next cycle. I guess we'll see how bad it gets by the time it airs. All other military forums are buzzing about this.
    I must have been asleep, I missed that!

?

I missed that as well......, or rather it doesnt much hold my interest.

Don't forget that these shows are Raising the price of TR and war items. All these mindless fools out there will be jumping on the TR bandwagon. Just my opinion.

Quote by krabbekrout View Post
    Don't forget that these shows are Raising the price of TR and war items. All these mindless fools out there will be jumping on the TR bandwagon. Just my opinion.
    I've been thinking along those lines lately too. At the moment here in the U.K. there's more war themed programmes, films, documentaries, personality profiles and newspaper articles regarding both WW1 and WW2 than you can shake a stick at, and many of them are specifically TR related. All of which must have raised the interest in memerobilia to a greater, and still rising degree. We will see it if prices start going up significantly in the near future, which in some cases like Panzerkampfabzeichen's that I mainly collect, is already very noticable over the last 18 months or so.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Well I had an hour and a half detecting today, boom baby boom; I came up with zero military finds. Neither did I find a 5 grand rusty spade. My finds today were a medieval thimble (love these, have about 50 in my collection by now!), a copper child or womans ring, a very small bronze Roman coin, a silver French royal coin Louis XIV and a medieval coin that has been ruined by the plough. Afterwards went down to the local pub and had a few pints to wash down the dust.
    Attached Images Attached Images

CBH
    ?

As I began this tread I thought I'd add my view on a few things . Prices will rise , I'm sure do to the demand generated by the TV interest in such items . Most of the North America shows are scripted junk , but I still like to watch them because I love old junk I guess .
    As to ( NSDAP Earth Movers ) I look forward to watching this no matter who is involved . And am proud that a WRF member will be on this ! I don't see why the treatment of the WWII dead causes so much anger , if bones are found they are reburied and with DNA technology maybe some families will get a grave to visit not just a question mark . Also museums around the world are full of bones that once belonged to someone , natives , indigenous people etc ...
    In closing I just want to say, good luck Jerry I truly wish you all success in your new venture . Now close this if you want
    Your Very Truly
    Chris

I just wish Savage as well as the Harrison's Pawn Stars and the show where they bid on ship freight containers would use realistic values. There used to be a show that 2 guys locator hunted and one of them acted goofy to jazz up the show, and their values were usually pretty close. I metal located for over 30 years and found a few good items but a lot of items fun to dig and historical as to age/location but $ value $1 to $5.00 but Savage gets $100's to $1,000.'s . ?? I don't think so. Sure makes it hard on the "Real" CW and Seminole War relic hunters. These folks make income off of the show and more power to them and I guess they know what they are doing as we are talking about them. Richard

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    I've been thinking along those lines lately too. At the moment here in the U.K. there's more war themed programmes, films, documentaries, personality profiles and newspaper articles regarding both WW1 and WW2 than you can shake a stick at, and many of them are specifically TR related. All of which must have raised the interest in memerobilia to a greater, and still rising degree. We will see it if prices start going up significantly in the near future, which in some cases like Panzerkampfabzeichen's that I mainly collect, is already very noticable over the last 18 months or so.

Regards, Ned.

Many of these TV 'shows' (not only digger shows) seems to set the prices at a silly high level.

Watched a segment of 'Gasmonkey,' where a metrosexual person constantly touching his hair sold a generic vintage rusty American car adorned with a set of cow horns, a few stickers and a cow hide slung on the front bench to hide the springs poking up through the old upholstery for $25K - I mean WTF!

"Nazi War Diggers" has been cancelled and will not air. See New York Times which cited lack of approval by Latvian War Museum, sale of relics, and the hue and cry over the show.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast