Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

American Diggers , fake TV

Article about: I don't know if you get this pile of crap in Europe , but we do in Canada . Anyhow it about a company of medal detecting diggers who share the "profits" with the land owners . It r

?

April 1.?

Quote by Scout View Post
    April 1.?
    No, well yes, but that is not what you were asking.

The previous post is correct, the not to be mentioned show has been consigned to the cutting room floor never to raise its head again.

End of.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Roger that.

Astounding developement.

But as you say; end of.

All the info here:

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...ype=blogs&_r=0

Posted without comment in the hope it will not be expunged.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Gotta admit, i kinda like that show boooooooom baby!

?

But the critics contacted the Latvian War Museum, which said in a statement that it had opposed the show.

National Geographic also said that none of the items dug up during filming would be sold but instead would be donated to war museums. The critics however found a posting on a military collectors’ online forum in which Mr. Gottlieb described locating a Latvian war helmet in June and preparing it for sale.

THIS. IS. DISGUSTING. I am so happy that this show was cancelled. I wondered if Gottlieb could be any worse and he does it again, wow.

Any who saw the original thread on the not to be mentioned show will know my thoughts on that, but this thread is about something else so can we please now keep to the original subject.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    But the critics contacted the Latvian War Museum, which said in a statement that it had opposed the show.

National Geographic also said that none of the items dug up during filming would be sold but instead would be donated to war museums. The critics however found a posting on a military collectors’ online forum in which Mr. Gottlieb described locating a Latvian war helmet in June and preparing it for sale.

THIS. IS. DISGUSTING. I am so happy that this show was cancelled. I wondered if Gottlieb could be any worse and he does it again, wow.
    Calm down Grasshopper, there is no need to mention the "G" word and start bandying around the same personal moral indignation about the show that's now been pulled, it get's us nowhere. I posted the link for reasons of transparency, and to show that common sense seems to have prevailed, not to re start the same ridiculous outpourings of indignant hot air about it and even more so the undisguised hatred shown to some of those taking part. Let us take the good news onboard and rejoice at it, not go down that same route again.

As Jerry says, let's keep it to on the original subject of this thread, where those so minded can vent their spleens on ol' Rick and family instead....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Calm down Grasshopper, there is no need to mention the "G" word and start bandying around the same personal moral indignation about the show that's now been pulled, it get's us nowhere. I posted the link for reasons of transparency, and to show that common sense seems to have prevailed, not to re start the same ridiculous outpourings of indignant hot air about it and even more so the undisguised hatred shown to some of those taking part. Let us take the good news onboard and rejoice at it, not go down that same route again.

As Jerry says, let's keep it to on the original subject of this thread, where those so minded can vent their spleens on ol' Rick and family instead....
    Sorry mate and sorry for bringing the thread off course, I agree with what you said. I'll keep this in mind .

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast