Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

American Diggers , fake TV

Article about: I don't know if you get this pile of crap in Europe , but we do in Canada . Anyhow it about a company of medal detecting diggers who share the "profits" with the land owners . It r

Quote by big ned View Post
    Calm down Grasshopper, there is no need to mention the "G" word and start bandying around the same personal moral indignation about the show that's now been pulled, it get's us nowhere. I posted the link for reasons of transparency, and to show that common sense seems to have prevailed, not to re start the same ridiculous outpourings of indignant hot air about it and even more so the undisguised hatred shown to some of those taking part. Let us take the good news onboard and rejoice at it, not go down that same route again.

As Jerry says, let's keep it to on the original subject of this thread, where those so minded can vent their spleens on ol' Rick and family instead....
    Word!....

?

LOL.

(Yo!)

I would add, though, that I very much hope that our inestimable Forum member has not been blemished by this incident and his connection to "the cause" of the show being canceled. He, in no way, deserves any tarnish and has always been a decent and honorable hard worker with decent morals and ethics.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Nazi war digger Rip !

TOKYO.jpg

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I would add, though, that I very much hope that our inestimable Forum member has not been blemished by this incident and his connection to "the cause" of the show being canceled. He, in no way, deserves any tarnish and has always been a decent and honorable hard worker with decent morals and ethics.
    It appears that everyone involved will be tarred with the same brush. However, only one cast member was (largely) mentioned by name, featured in photos released, and examined most carefully. I think that the NY Times article says it all.

Getting back on topic, every "digger" show I've seen, as well as a goodly number of videos, appear to be nothing more than treasure hunts tearing up important historic sites, interrupted by an occasional skull here and there. That's obviously just a layman's opinion, but perhaps a more careful, scientific approach might do a greater educational service to the viewing public.

there have been properly excavated human remains that were shown by the BBC many years back and which was recently shown as an updated revisited series. Here is one of the originals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEiqIOs58MM

or from history cold case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q1oGXATL1Q

The meet the ancestors might still be on Iplayer or try searching youtube for more of these. Timeteam also did some excavations with human remains and treated them correctly.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I have been as guilty as everyone else, but this has probably strayed too far from the original subject so I will close it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8