Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Another thread in praise of the bay, perhaps?!

Article about: You all I assume know the phrase be careful what you wish for, well I spotted something recently that I wanted to buy, but did not expect to get the chance, then the chance turns up, but I t

Default Another thread in praise of the bay, perhaps?!

You all I assume know the phrase be careful what you wish for, well I spotted something recently that I wanted to buy, but did not expect to get the chance, then the chance turns up, but I though though the starting price is quite low for what it it, it will be bound to go rocketing past that and way beyond my budget, which too be honest has been strained a bit recently.

Anyway I bid the starting bid about a week back, with a bit more on top but, though for me a lot for a single item, I expect it to go much higher than my highest bid.

To cut a long story short I "won" it for the opening bid, which is a good price, but I am just slightly thrown out as I did not expect to win it and the shock has not worn off yet. Her indoors will look at me a bit odd if she notices the hole in the joint bank account and/or my addition of yet another old hat. It does of course mean this months budget is all spent out!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Well done on your pick-up am I right to assume the cap badge and cap is Victorian? , always when I don't look at the bay for a day I miss out on something.

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    Well done on your pick-up am I right to assume the cap badge and cap is Victorian? , always when I don't look at the bay for a day I miss out on something.
    It dates to the late Victorian period, 1881-1896. An uncommon cap and I was surprised to get it, so perhaps you were not the only potential buyers who missed it. I knew of at least a few who were likely to bid but did not.
    Regards,

Jerry

Well done Jerry, the bay is turning out to be a treasure chest for a change! Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Well done Jerry, the bay is turning out to be a treasure chest for a change! Leon.
    Thanks Leon.

The bay was and still is a good source for British items.

Did you see the Malta camo helmet that sold on there the other day?
    Regards,

Jerry

Fantastic pick up Jerry, it's nice to have a win every now and then mate and I think it would be fair to describe this as a win! Well done cobber, great stuff!

I do rather well on eBay. My latest purchase (yesterday) is yet another pair of WW1 Fernglass 08 binoculars in original leather case. Unlike the others, there is no damage to these - and the best bit was the price. A Buy it now of just £40. There really are good items to be had on there.

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Fantastic pick up Jerry, it's nice to have a win every now and then mate and I think it would be fair to describe this as a win! Well done cobber, great stuff!
    Thanks mate.

As I mentioned I put in a bid without any expectation of winning it, so still slightly dazed about this.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I do rather well on eBay. My latest purchase (yesterday) is yet another pair of WW1 Fernglass 08 binoculars in original leather case. Unlike the others, there is no damage to these - and the best bit was the price. A Buy it now of just £40. There really are good items to be had on there.
    That is a very good price for a cased pair of them, even in poor condition in my experience they go for far more than that.
    Regards,

Jerry