Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any one had dealings with www.germanmilitaria.com.

Article about: Hi anyone ever purchased items from the above?there site looks as per usual amazing slightly on the more expensive side but it all looks original,regards Dave.

Default Any one had dealings with www.germanmilitaria.com.

Hi anyone ever purchased items from the above?there site looks as per usual amazing slightly on the more expensive side but it all looks original,regards Dave.

Default Re: Any one had dealings with www.germanmilitaria.com.

I have never bought anything, but I have never heard any bad things either. They sell on a commision basis for third parties I believe ??

Cheers totty never knew that,so none of there items actually belong to them,the only worry for me is that a lot of the items have been on there for as long as iv'e been on WRF,over a year so obviously the owners are not in a rush to sell......regards Dave.

Dave

Not sure if none of them at all are their own, but I approached them a couple of years ago for a valuation on some SS items they said thats what they mainly do, sell the item and keep a cut of the selling price, cant remember now exactly. Its very well known and I have not heard any horror stories

?

Otherwise known as The Collector's Guild. You won't find many bad things said about Peter, he has built a good reputation and sells original pieces although as always, know what you're buying and do you own research first as he is human and the potential for a mistake is always there.

I've bought a few pieces from him over the years, not my first choice due to prices, shipping costs and charges for using credit cards but a reputable dealer with a large inventory of original items and of good standing in the community.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I have bought several items from them. Always nice to deal with and I have been quite satisfied.

I recently bought a piece from him to try it out. Prices are a little high but grows exponentially when shipping charges and additional paypal charges are included. Peter is very nice to deal with and the items are well described.

Bought several items. No real complaints. Shipping is a little high, I was rather shocked myself. Overall the experience was positive. Helmet prices tend to be through the roof, which might explain why many of them are still there.

?

Purchased many items from the guild, always quality. Yes, sometimes you have to pay dearly for an item......part of collecting.

Basically what happens is you tell him how much you want for your item and then Peter adds on to the price how much he charges for listing it. For example: You say the least you will accept for your German helmet is $1200. He then adds on an extra $200 which is the charge for his listing on the site. Your helmet then gets posted on the website for $1400. It sells and you get the $1200, Collectors Guild gets the $200, simple as that. I figure this is why prices are high; he allows the original owner to set the price. Of course if your price is way too high or way too low he will let you know. The Collectors Guild has a lot of items that you just won't ever find anywhere else online. I personally really like the layout too, although the pictures could be better. He also does a nice job in his descriptions of each item, most have a nice historical background as well as a description. If you are looking for a reliable dealer with an excellent variety of items, rare and common, it is definitely a site I would recommend.

Corey

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast