Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any well known militaria dealers in these locations?

Article about: Hello everyone, This summer I will be going on a trip to London, the Normandy coast, Scotland, and Paris. I understand that a large majority of forum users are from the UK, and other Europea

Default Any well known militaria dealers in these locations?

Hello everyone,

This summer I will be going on a trip to London, the Normandy coast, Scotland, and Paris. I understand that a large majority of forum users are from the UK, and other European areas. I am hoping to buy a few items while I am there, and if any of you could recommend a favorite dealer in any of these areas it would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks,
    -Jake

Default Re: Any well known militaria dealers in these locations?

It all depends if you are looking for high end pieces or other various pieces. First that comes to mind is Ulrich's the Regimentals.

British Militaria, German Militaria, British medals, German medals - Ulric of England - Founded 1976

Regimentals

Thanks Octavian, both sites are exactly what I am looking for. High quality authentic items albeit at "premium" prices!

?

There are quite a few militaria shops in the Normandy area, mainly at the famous battle sites, Sainte-Mère-Église for example.
    I would urge extreme restraint when visiting any shops in this area. Seventy years worth of tourists and collectors have been through the area and the retailers are very quick to see an opportunity. Prices are on the extreme side of high and an absolute rip off, over €100 for a KVK2 for example.
    You will not find any bargains in these places although they are quite interesting to walk around. They have a mix of authentic and repro items and you need to know what you're looking at.

The best bet, if you have the time and transport is to visit the 'brocante' and look out for flyers advertising car boot sales and flea markets, these are normally at the weekends. Sometimes the French will hold an antiquities market in a local town on certain days of the month.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

If in Glasgow city centre pop into the Treasure bunker, they are very friendly and usually have a nice selection of militaria for sale.

Yes, try in Normandy, but many fakes because they have a lot of customers.

Be a bit careful with Regimentals, high prices don't always mean authentic.

When the price is hight, you can bargain.

What I mean is that not everything for sale at Regimentals is authentic, high priced or not. I have heard this said about them several times by members here whose opinions I respect, so I'd be a bit wary of anything there and I'd definately be posting it here before I parted with any money.

Hello,
    Ullrich is in Shropshire ( near stoke)
    Not close to London or Scotland.
    Going to major cities you will probably pay high because its in a large town.
    The only London shop I can think of is Chelsea military antiques.
    It is close to charring cross (tourist area) so you could quickly visit the store.
    It is expensive, but has quite a big collection of German and British militaria.
    I have been to the store once or twice and it has more in store then online.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast