Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Anyone ever found evidence of this?

Article about: Anyone ever found evidence of this incendiary Grenade to Destroy German Antitank Gun . Looks like it does the job... Using Incendiary Grenade to Destroy German Antitank Gun - YouTube

Default Anyone ever found evidence of this?

Anyone ever found evidence of this incendiary Grenade to Destroy German Antitank Gun .

Looks like it does the job...
    Using Incendiary Grenade to Destroy German Antitank Gun - YouTube

?

I have never seen this before, but that looks like thermite to me, and I would image it would work

?

Very interesting,never heard of an incendiary grenade used for destroying a fieldgun,grenade they show in the vid has INC on the side so assume it is as it says...and I suppose incendiary grenades rely on a chemical reaction to create a high temp range and as long as whatever was left after it burnt was fused to the chamber/bore it would work pretty well

I have never heard of that before. Assuming it's thermite it would wreck up the gun pretty well

?

Got to love thermite. Stable when not ignited, can't be put out with water(makes its own oxygen), can burn through metal, and you can't look at it within 10 feet without causing eye damage (slight damage).

Yeah i have seen many feild canons etc and never heard of any with this kind of damage. Looks like it does the job

Hi ,
    i beleave thermite was used on the large guns distroyed a couple of miles beyond Pont -Du hoc Normandy,
    when the 2nd Rangers got up to the top the guns had been moved inland then distroyed by them.
    Dave.

Please do not post ingredients or how to make one of these. Not on this forum or website.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Best to shut this down but I'll leave it up so other members can think about what it is sensible to post here. Obviously the technical descriptions are out there to be found but it is not wise or allowed to post them here, any repeat of such stupidity will be liable to be subject to stronger measures than merely the deletion of the posts.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Likely the dumbest thread I have ever read on this Forum. Those who contributed to it should have some serious reflection on what you wrote.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.