Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Anyone have any experience with couriers in the UK & deactivated weapons?

Article about: Hi folks, I'm looking for a courier to ship a Bren gun to the buyer, I tried TNT but they said they won't do it for a private sale. Does anyone have any experience or advice on this one?

Default Re: Anyone have any experience with couriers in the UK & deactivated weapons?

By train I'm not sure lebus, I could take it myself by train certainly but it's a beast of a box.

I had been in touch with Birmingham for that D, it would cost about £30 for the cert itself as I'm sure you know, it's just getting it to the proof house which would be the issue there, and again I face finding a courier catch 22. I'll sort something out though, never fear. TNT were not interested in the cert btw, just the fact it was a deac was enough for them to tell me no. Some simply don't take parcels over 30kg also.

Default Re: Anyone have any experience with couriers in the UK & deactivated weapons?

Royal Mail should take it. I shipped 2 brens from here to the uk both to different places without problems.
    D.

I'll double check, pretty sure it's too heavy though. It's cased too.

Aagh, I did not realise that, I thought it was just the gun.
    D.

Hey Andy,

Why don't you try Shiply? You send in your details, where from/to, size weight etc. and they advertise it for you. You then choose the shipper who best suits your needs and pocket. The agent takes a small fee when you confirm a booking, it's not a lot, and you go from there. I used them several times last year when buying stuff for a house refurb, and it really saved a hell of a lot of money. The best bit is that a lot of these guys are looking for back loads, so they offer a competitive price (they can see all other bids and price accordingly) rather than drive home empty. The way it works is that Shiply vet the guy using a feedback type system and know their address and details, reliability and so on, so it's a pretty safe option.

I found that I was using it so often, after a few drivers had delivered I had their phone numbers and could deal direct, saving even more cash. It's worth a try mate, here's the Shiply website, and you can check out customer reviews via Google, you should be fine, I would average around 6-10 bids for most things I needed picking up from a BBQ to a fitted kitchen and bathroom, carpet, furniture etc. it works and I had no problems.

Courier Services | UK Delivery Service Companies - Shiply

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Nice Ned, this seems promising. I will take a look, cheers

I've only ever posted one and that was thru' Parcelforce and they took it no problem, they asked what it was and I told them it was a deactivated gun and there was no fuss or anything. It was a few years back, probably 15 years, so things could of changed a lot though?

Cheers TB, but Parcelforce have a limit of 30kg. She's a big girl I'm afraid. I've got 4 options for the buyer though now, so I'm confident we can agree on terms. Thanks for the help guys.

Shiply sorted it, cheers Ned

Glad to be of assistance Andy. Everybody get's one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2