Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Anyone know much about postwar Feuerwehr helmets?

Article about: Hi all- firstly, I'm not sure if there was a more appropriate section for this post, but I didn't see it, so apologies in advance if so. I returned from a trip to Berlin a few days ago, with

Default Anyone know much about postwar Feuerwehr helmets?

Hi all- firstly, I'm not sure if there was a more appropriate section for this post, but I didn't see it, so apologies in advance if so.

I returned from a trip to Berlin a few days ago, with these two helmets- I wouldn't normally be interested in these being postwar, but they were 10 Euros each in a junk shop! I'll probably keep one and sell / trade the other. The shop owner said they believed them to be from the '70s- I have tried to research these and have only found the same type of helmet in one place, where it's for sale for about $200, though this is presumably overpriced? I have found nothing further about them, or whether they are indeed 1970s helmets. Does anyone know anything about these at all, and an approximate value please? Note that they're actually both slightly different helmet types also.

Thanks,

Mat
    Attached Images Attached Images

Helmet number two:
    Attached Images Attached Images

I wish I could help you out but I know nothing about these, Mat. They look cool and you got them for next to nothing. Hopefully someone will have some info for you.

Luke