Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Anyone see this disgusting mess of a video??

Article about: by rbminis Well said Doug! The father of my youngest granddaughter hung himself, (when she was 6 months old) at the age of 23. His parents were aware that he suffered from depression. Ralph.

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Well said Doug!
    The father of my youngest granddaughter hung himself, (when she was 6 months old) at the age of 23. His parents were aware that he suffered from depression.
    Ralph.
    Sorry to hear Ralph. My brother committed suicide and looking back on his actions when he was a teenager it is obvious he suffered from depression. That said, the destruction of property has nothing to do with depression, but behaviour. He knew right from wrong and stood up for those who were bullied or harassed even though it was often detrimental to himself.

Depression is far more common than most people think, but mindless destruction in such a manner as this has nothing to do with depression, rather it is the actions of a spoilt ars#hole looking for a response.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Don't mistake what I have said, I'm not saying that all teenagers shouldn't be depressed. I'm aware that some have legitimate reasons to be depressed, i.e. Broken homes, divorces, abuse, etc., however, I believe there may be more diagnosis's of depression than there are true and actual cases. Kind of like how everyone seems to be bi-polar these days. Sometimes I think maybe I should be bi-polar. As Doug said, a lack of patenting and the downfall of social conservatism is a key issue. You have to treat these conditions on a multi front battlefield. You can't just prescribe medication and bam, all their problems are solved. Provide medication but also prescribe a treatment plan, whether it be regular meetins with a psychologists, or participating in groups similar to AA and Narcotics Anonymous. Those who suffer still need to be coached on how to deal with the issue, not just popping a pill like its magic. Take this war on bullying. That's all well and good, but don't think that is going to solve the problem of bullying once and for all. As you fight bullying, at the same time continue to teach kids how to stand up to bullying and how to deal with it. Most bullies are weak and are attempting to make up for their own shortcomings. Like most of the weak they operate in a group or posse and are always tough around their friends. Get them alone and the story changes and how quickly they shrivel up. I don't believe this kid in the video suffers from depression. Individuals I have dealt with who have true depression are very quiet about it. This kid is just attention hungry. Now if he starts torturing small animals then we have a real problem.

Doug and Ralph, I am very sorry to hear that depression has hit close to home for you.

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    ... This kid is just attention hungry. Now if he starts torturing small animals then we have a real problem. .
    I wouldn't put it past this kid. Seeing something like this he obviously has issues that are deeper than simple misbehaviour and possible dangerous tendencies. Torturing inanimate objects may lead to something more so he can get his "buzz". It is sort of scary to see to be honest.

Thanks Todd, yes it depression has left a mark on our family I am afraid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2